Recent content by MJL

1. M

340 salsbury series

The problem may be that the part is actually too hard. Work hardened when it was bent allowing it to crack rather than spring back when flexed under load. Higher quality steel is probably needed.
  2. M

Coleman BT200X-O

Rural King shows an Orange one...
  3. M

how do you make a spacer to keep a torque converter out of overdrive?.

Hopefully, they'll come out with a kit with the Jugger, backerplate, and driven.
  4. M

how do you make a spacer to keep a torque converter out of overdrive?.

+1 on the Juggernaut. I held off for quite some time building my 196 clone much past "stage one" because I never could get the Comet clone or Genuine Comet Driver to play nicely. I was using the yellow driven spring in the tightest hole (that was fun) on a 7" driven with white springs in the...
  5. M

Tell me about the Tillotson 212 and 212r

Took it easy on the wheelies/jumps, not a good time to go to the ER!
  6. M

Thanks. Good to know this is normal. It runs really good as is!
  7. M

I Bought A Coleman...

Are they still using the 5/8" engine shaft?
  8. M

Evolution of a Baja

Got the Jugger and a Tillotson 212r! Big improvement! https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/tell-me-about-the-tillotson-212-and-212r.169142/
  9. M

Got everything in and installed in my Baja. Swapped the intake, and plumbing part hotdog exhaust from my 196 clone. Picked the fattest jet out of my bag of jets. Not quite sure what size it is, but the 196 was too rich with it, probably a .037 or .038. Got lucky and had a perfect plug...
  10. M

The Ultimate Off Road Bonanza Build Returns

Nice! Just got my jugger in today, can't wait to try it!
  11. M

Well, I guess I'll be the test subject. Ordered the new version of the 212r and a Juggernaut. Hope they play well together. Figured I needed something to do while we are locked down! Only plans are to swap the intake and exhaust and run it.
  12. M

Best "Threadlocker" for jet that vibrates out?

'69 Tecumseh. Jet is a rebuild jet with slightly undersized threads.
  13. M

Best "Threadlocker" for jet that vibrates out?

What's your preferred goo?
  14. M

The Ultimate Off Road Bonanza Build Returns

Awesome build! Post a video if you get a chance!
  15. M

Predator 212 vs Honda 110 dirt bike

I'm 225lbs and ride a Stage 1ish Baja with a TAV. I can pretty much keep up with the 100lb neighbor kid on a 125cc? Honda until he hits 3rd gear. I can do this because I've geared the Baja way down with a 7" driven pulley, 9 tooth jack shaft sprocket and a 70 tooth rear sprocket. My Baja will...