Recent content by mmeck

1. mmeck

Honda gx 160 flywheel on coleman ct200 196clone?

I believe it will, it is also lighter than the standard 6.5hp flywheel. However it is still a stock flywheel and should be replaced with an aftermarket one if you plan to remove the governor, and rev above 4000rpms
  2. mmeck

TAV / CVT reccomendations

Thank you for the input. This is my first time messing with a TAV/CVT
  3. mmeck

Do you know what the JRs turn for RPM. I have read that a CVT will kill your upper RPM. Also I don't know if the individuals who stated that were properly gearing for a certain RPM, or just throwing on gears, and running blind
  4. mmeck

Engine is a 196cc with gov, removed, 18lb springs, champion rockers, CM grind cam, speedway flywheel, 14cc head ported and polished, flat top piston .010 in the hole, billit rod, tillotson Max stroke crank, 34deg. of timing, stock sized SS valves, 22mm mikuni, .980 3 stage header. This motor has...
  5. mmeck

I have a fairly built clone motor that I will be putting on a project, I don't know what the HP output is, but I would like to run a TAV on this project so I can maximize top end speed and still have a good bottom end. It will be ran on a dirt oval. My question is what is the best TAV for high...
  6. mmeck

Predetor 212 engine wont stay running

Probably a dirty carburator. Do you use ethanal free gas in it?
  7. mmeck

Duramax Clone Crank Compatibility

The stamp on your block is a ducar part number for a clone 196cc. I have built a ton of these. If you have any questions feel free to reach out
  8. mmeck

I did a bit of research, and it seems the duromax is a Honda clone 196cc. That means a GX200, or clone crankshaft will work. At $35 the tillotson Max stroke crank can't be beat.
  9. mmeck

Measure your stroke, and the ID of your crank bearings, it may be the same as a predator 212 crank, or a 196clone crank. If it measures the same as the clone, I recommend the tillotson Max stroke crank. They are cheap, and tough as nails
  10. mmeck

I Bought A Coleman...

I'd love to know the details of your build, I see a billet sidecover, and an awfully tall valve cover.
  11. mmeck

How hard do you tighten engine bolts?

Tighten until they start to feel lose, then back off a quarter turn
  12. mmeck

New flat track bike

She sure is nice! Well done.
  13. mmeck

Not a minibike...but an interesting go kart

Those absolutely look like odyssey controls. I've never seen one with a body on it though. That thing would be sweet with a snowmobile engine in it.
  14. mmeck

6000 RPMs is a good start, but...…..

6000 RPMs is a good start, but...…..
  15. mmeck

how do you make a spacer to keep a torque converter out of overdrive?.

Have you looked into the new juggernaut driver pulleys? they are supposedly designed specifically for High RPM/high power engines