Recent content by Mountain Gote

1. Mountain Gote

Gilson

It's been a long darn time since I posted in here. My brother Scottessey finally ribbed me enough to approach this project again. Well I decided against the blue powder coat. After looking at the original pictures of the Gilsons' and Montgomery Wards, I stripped it. I had it repainted, orange...
  2. Mountain Gote

Gilson

I examined the original axles today and noticed the threads were pretty worn down in spots and one axle was not spinning 100% true. So I fabricated some new ones on the lathe.:hammer:
  3. Mountain Gote

Powell Tree Surgery

Man, I must say I had my doubts... Thats was a blast and I think we all got our hands dirty.. Here is a pic of BAB at the wheel.. literally. I think I still have dust in my nose..:thumbsup:
  4. Mountain Gote

Gilson

Square: Absolutely!! Thanks for your opinion.. I was planning on it.. I am looking forward to a little bump absorption.:scooter: and yep, they sure do add a nice detail/ feature to the bike.
  5. Mountain Gote

Gilson

OK, I fianlly got off my arse and grew a pair and tore down my Gilson/ MW 323.. Thanks Scottessey for the push. After sifting through what I have, what I am missing, and what I don't know I am missing or have, I sent my frame and misc parts to paint. I got them back this morning. I had imediate...
  6. Mountain Gote

Looking for grip (1)

I finally have broken down my Montomery Wards/ Gilson 323 and I am missing a handle bar grip. :doah: Trying to find one that matches this one. It slides over a 1" diameter handle bar. Thanks in adavnce. Brian gilson grip by Brian Kirksey, on Flickr
  7. Mountain Gote

Gilson Chain Guard Wanted

I was wondering who bought that one.. I was watching it, little to rich for my blood. Congrats! So now we have a template right?:wink:
  8. Mountain Gote

That would be awesome "Flyweed" if we can convince someone to get a loaner to you..:thumbsup: Scottessey can go on a 3 week hunger strike until we get one...
  9. Mountain Gote

WTB (2) tires

Yea, I saw them in the store before I posted.. I was hoping to find some in good shape second hand.
  10. Mountain Gote

WTB (2) tires

WTB: 530/450x6 Studded Tire CARLISLE style tread. I am looking for (2). Thanks in advance.
  11. Mountain Gote

Project Monkey Warts

Very nice.. Thanks for sharing.. I got a MW as well and i am been thinking now for 2 months.. Your project as well as Scottessey are inspiring me to get started...:thumbsup:
  12. Mountain Gote

Go Kart Cycle Rear Wheel and Brake

Hmmm Interesting how I was not in the photo shoot, I was still on the machine..:laugh: making parts.. Then again I can only image with the lighting &dirt my mug would have looked like. mmisterbungl
  13. Mountain Gote

Here is a picture of the guard I am seeking. I believe Gilson made the same guard for Montogomery Wards, Gilson, and Allis Chalmers.
  14. Mountain Gote

bump... Just wanted to mention, I am still seeking Gilson/ Montogomery Wards chain Guard.. Did deeper in the magic barn you guys.:smile:
  15. Mountain Gote

1970 Powell Challenger "Saving Grace"

Wish I was a dentist.... such a sweet Powell..