Gilson Chain Guard Wanted

Hello-

I am seeking a chain guard for a Gilson Minibike.
My brother "Scottessey" is helping me get into the resurrection/ restoration/ minibike hobby.

Thanks.

Brian

Here is a picture of the guard I am seeking.
I believe Gilson made the same guard for Montogomery Wards, Gilson, and Allis Chalmers.

Last edited:
I'm looking for one (or more) too! :detective: Seems to be alot of interest in finding that part. Might be a good canidate for repop :hammer:, if someone has the resources.

ELT

I could use one of those guards too. Anybody got an extra pair of the big jackshaft mounting plates like the chalmers has on it?

Me too! This seems to be a much needed part. Maybe someone could lone us one to get a qoute on having some of them made. Ours is also missing all jackshaft parts. Can any of you owners tell me the jackshaft sprocket size-number of teeth is for one with belt drive.

Me too! This seems to be a much needed part. Maybe someone could lone us one to get a qoute on having some of them made. Ours is also missing all jackshaft parts. Can any of you owners tell me the jackshaft sprocket size-number of teeth is for one with belt drive.
I'll try to do this later today!

Thank you jbrewton !

Thank you for the info and pictures! Ours is missing those brg. holders also. Dang it! I have a 12 tooth sprocket and just installed new shaft and driven pulley on it. However I installed brgs in outer bracket as we didn't have separate brg. holders. I'm making a couple bushings and putting S ring groves in new shaft to hold them in place. Would like to have it all original sometime! If anyone has a pr. of brg holders let us know.

Thanks again
Jeff

It wouldn't be too hard to make a fiberglass mold to make reproductions with, but you need a gaurd to make the mold from. Stamping out new sheetmetal pieces would require a much bigger investment.

damm I should have parted mine out. It had all the hard to find parts. The front end had a strange brace someone added , but when I think back to all the other parts it had :doah:

It wouldn't be too hard to make a fiberglass mold to make reproductions with, but you need a gaurd to make the mold from. Stamping out new sheetmetal pieces would require a much bigger investment.

I just happen to have the pattern ....... Now..... who is going to make them ?? LOL

Hey Fat Boy....I got a guy at work that said he could do it for us, using the CNC machine and a 30 ton press. He needs a "pattern" however....was wondering if you'd be willing to send me that Gilson clutch guard as the pattern to get measurements, and do some digital scans into the CNC machine????

Talk soon
Dan

bandit 40

I have the smaller guard on the right side. rear wheel and sprocket and assembly, and the swing bar...but no large chain guard:shrug: and front fork springs.

Scott.it doesn't really matter what shape it's in....it doesn't have to be pristine....as long as we can get dimensions off of it..it's all we'll need, but the CNC machine they use here, actually scans the actual piece to get it's 3D rendering, so I need one in hand to be able to do this.

Get some fenders and make them too! Those are just as rare as the cluch covers. While I'm wish listing, see if you can make some repro lil indian cluch covers. You do all that and I'll name my next son Daniel!

And yes Leathernun...that bike really did have all the goodies.