Recent content by myden

1. M

Chain Tensioner

Wow, great info!! I think the spacer I would need would measure 5/16 inside diameter and 7/16 outside diameter. Do you know if the spacers in the kit match that? Thank you!! -Bill
  2. M

Chain Tensioner

I bought it from OldMiniBikes warehouse. I was thinking the issue is that I need to find a spacer or washer that is small enough to not come in contact with the whole bearing when it gets tightened.
  3. M

Chain Tensioner

Thank you! I bought a roller but my issue is that when I tighten it on the bolt it stops being able to spin.
  4. M

Chain Tensioner

Hi there, Any ideas on a chain tensioner for a doodlebug? Did the stock one have a spring? If not, how does it tighten the chain when needed? Maybe it didn't? I'm wondering what people are using out there. Thank you! -Bill
  5. M

Doodlebug sprocket

Hi there, I'm curious what kind of sprocket setups are being used. We're trying to use a split sprocket with 62 teeth and a 35 chain. We're having trouble getting it to work very smoothly. Any input would be appreciated.
  6. M

Doodlebug Wheels

I will check that out. Thank you!!
  7. M

Doodlebug Wheels

I did replace the bearings and after installing them they barely spin again. I don't know why.
  8. M

Doodlebug Wheels

The wheel does not appear to be round so when coasting the ride has a bounce to it. Also we coasted down a hill and the bearings seized up. We're only coasting because we don't have an engine installed. We're stuck on this wheel issue. Thanks.
  9. M

Doodlebug Wheels

I recently purschased a wheel for my son's doodlebug from Coleman but the wheel has issues. Are there other wheels out there to buy that will work as a rear wheel for a doodlebug?
  10. M

New to this site and mini bikes

Excellent idea! Thank you!! I think I'll do just that. I'm so clueless with this stuff that I have trouble even thinking of something simple like that to try. Thanks again for the reply!
  11. M

That's right. I have been in contact with Robert Crosby but he has sold his DB so he couldn't measure what worked for him. The spacers that came with my wheel are 1 inch and 1.25 inch but they are too big. I'm just wondering how to best figure out what size spacers are needed. I just...
  12. M

Rear Wheel Spacers for Doodle Bug

Hi there, I have an old doodle bug frame and I recently bought a rear wheel for it. The spacers that came with it from Coleman are too big. Any advice on how to get the correct spacers? For example, should I buy a rear brake first to see the space needed for it to fit the caliper? Thank you!
  13. M

That's okay. I really appreciate the help as I know next to nothing about these things. :-) By "shafts" I just mean the things you attach the disk brake and chain ring (or, whatever they're called) to.
  14. M

I bought this rear wheel and got the tire installed and I just noticed that one youtube video talked about how one of the wheel shafts is longer than the other to allow for the brake caliper. With the wheel I bought both shafts measure 8 cm. Did I buy the wrong wheel?