New to this site and mini bikes

Hi there,
I just found this site and I'm hoping I can get guidance and advice. My son recently came home with mini bike parts. I think it's a doodlebug but I'm not sure. I'm not a mechanic by any means. I really have no idea where to start. For one thing, there is no rear wheel. Where can I buy one? Thank you and... help!!

Attachments

Yes...he does...:laugh:..oldminibikes warehouse...:thumbsup:

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes forum by the way.

Check out the OldMiniBikes Warehouse web site. If you can't determine what you need, email help@OldMiniBikes.com you'll get Eric, he can hook you up with part number recommendations specific for your bike.

Last edited:
Is it the type of wheel that splits apart to mount the tire? If not, do you use bike tire irons to install the tire on the wheel? Thank you!

Do you know if I buy the parts listed on the drawing do I only need to buy 1 of the bolt M6x10? The web page showed quantity in section of 1 but it looks like there are 12 bolts used. thanks!

Do you know if I buy the parts listed on the drawing do I only need to buy 1 of the bolt M6x10? The web page showed quantity in section of 1 but it looks like there are 12 bolts used. thanks!
Don't know. You could email or call Coleman CS, but I'd just order bolts on Amazon or pick them up at a local hardware store.

https://www.amazon.com/Fujiyuan-Hex...F8&qid=1534043032&sr=8-51&keywords=m6x10+bolt

https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search...ns&sprefix=tire+sp,aps,337&crid=2ABBIK3ZZREFN

I bought this rear wheel and got the tire installed and I just noticed that one youtube video talked about how one of the wheel shafts is longer than the other to allow for the brake caliper. With the wheel I bought both shafts measure 8 cm. Did I buy the wrong wheel?

Last edited:
I bought this rear wheel and got the tire installed and I just noticed that one youtube video talked about how one of the wheel shafts is longer than the other to allow for the brake caliper. With the wheel I bought both shafts measure 8 cm. Did I buy the wrong wheel?
Not sure what you are referring to as shafts. [MENTION=58730]Robert Crosby[/MENTION] used the Coleman wheel on his DB and said it worked fine; try contacting him about fitting the wheel to the bike. You may need to play with spacer length. I probably shouldn't have recommended something based on someone else's experience rather than my own; I hope I didn't mislead you.

Not sure what you are referring to as shafts. [MENTION=58730]Robert Crosby[/MENTION] used the Coleman wheel on his DB and said it worked fine; try contacting him about fitting the wheel to the bike. You may need to play with spacer length. I probably shouldn't have recommended something based on someone else's experience rather than my own; I hope I didn't mislead you.
That's okay. I really appreciate the help as I know next to nothing about these things. :)
By "shafts" I just mean the things you attach the disk brake and chain ring (or, whatever they're called) to.

Last edited:
That's okay. I really appreciate the help as I know next to nothing about these things. :)
By "shafts" I just mean the things you attach the disk brake and chain ring (or, whatever they're called) to.
The brake disc goes on the same side of the wheel as the valve stem. The spacers that go on the axle between the frame and the wheel are different lengths. You can look on the Coleman website and it will give the sizes of the spacers so you can see which side is longer.