Recent content by older then dirt

1. O

having trouble with mini bike build

I bought one of these a few years back. WORKS GREAT!
  2. O

Any Rupp experts here?

Yep, appears to be a 71 scrambler. No front brake and the H35 engine match up as well as the 71 front fork. Thank you for the help! The bike is dissembled in a hundred pieces now so pics would have been little help.
  3. O

Any Rupp experts here?

Hello all, I have a new Rupp project I am starting. It is a bike I purchased a few years back in rough condition but it was complete for the most part. It is a 10" steel wheel bike with the shorter swing arm. I'm not sure what model it was originally. It was repainted (poorly) in red with a...
  4. O

Rupp question

Thats PERFECT Marcus, Thank you. I'll bet I can make a chain guard from the old TC cover too! THANK YOU!
  5. O

Rupp question

Hi Guys, Building a mini for the Grandson. I'm using a 71 Rupp frame with a H35 Flatty. Has anyone flipped the rear wheel so sprocket is on the same side as engine crankshaft and run a centrifugal clutch, eliminating the jackshaft all together. Just running chain directly from clutch to rear...
  6. O

H 35 HS 40 Compression numbers

Anyone know the compression numbers for the 70's vintage Tec engines? I'm talking a healthy stock motor.
  7. O

Tecumseh ID plates

I need a few to Joe. Will defiantly be ordering when you are ready
  8. O

Is this guy for real?

All you guys are missing the boat here. If you look closely in the second pic, it has the high carbon stainless steel magnafluxed balanced and blue print ported CNC cut chrome plated muffler bearings.... Signed by none other then Malcolm Smith. Those are worth $8500 right there. You've all...
  9. O

7/8th of a Rupp, how to proceed?

They are both hopelessly broken. Send them both to me and I will dispose of them for you free of charge.
  10. O

Question for the sages..

So as I'm looking at my Rupps, and also some pictures of both Fox and Speedway bikes I have a question. When a lot of the manufacturers in the 70's started slant mounting the engines on these bikes, what was the purpose? Is their a mechanical advantage to this mounting style? Is it just to...
  11. O

It"s baaaack!!!!

Anyone remember this POS? It was listed as "The holy grail" of Rupp mini bikes in Milwaukee last winter. Well, it's back up for sale for $500 this time. Ugly crap pile dosn't have $300 in it if you parted it out on Ebay. Must be some good drugs in that Milwaukee lead laced water supply! :out...
  12. O

New addition to the family, 1971 Rupp Roadster2

I would move that into the Family room next to the fireplace. That's where my Black Widow is sitting now. I have a very understanding Wife.... Just can't beat a plumb crazy Rupp!!!!! :thumbsup:
  13. O

Slow my Hemi down, really!

When I gave my daughter her first mini bike she tore around like Evil Knievel. Then she hit a tree. Luckily she was wearing a helmet and protective gear and was not hurt. It took me a week to straighten out the forks though. It was amazing how slow she drove it after that little "Learning...
  14. O

Early 70's Rupp Scrambler?

Scrambler had no front brake and had a HS35. That bike has a HS40. Hustler.
  15. O

Rupp torque converter question

All the parts needed to rebuild the driven side are available from blackwidow motorsports. It's not a hard job at all. If the drive clutch is bad, swap it out for a comet 20 series also available from blackwidow, but I have found them cheaper on Ebay (comet part#219559A). The Rupp clutches...