Recent content by Paul Y

1. P

Newbie with some basic questions.

Gents, Thank you very much for the advice. As the engine was in effect 'free' we are going to stick a carb and exhaust on it and see what happens! GRE, passed the magnet test so we have a steel bore! Think it might be time to start a new thread titled... What are the basic, inexpensive mods...
  2. P

Good afternoon Gentlemen. Now have stripped the leaf blower down to extract our powerplant and, as Motra noted it is indeed a 1" shaft. Good news is that the impeller was very easy to remove so at least that was something! In regards for a clutch, are there any recommendations for a 1"...
  3. P

Beau, Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will have to invest in a workshop manual as a starting point then as I have no idea where the oil slinger is! How much is it worth skimming the head by? 10thou or more? My initial thoughts are to make an exhaust, and add a carb to it. This is more in...
  4. P

Good morning Gentlemen, I have the following coding from the blower motor. Model 130212 - so that makes it a 5hP Type 3245 Code 9102207 P.
  5. P

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will get the model number in the morning (in the UK where it is 00.20...) which I really should have got before posting. Apologies. As for how far do we want to go...... As far as possible on a modest budget without blowing the thing up! Will post up the engine...
  6. P

Gentlemen, I have been lurking for the past few days after finding my way here from the HAMB. Now, please treat me gently but could someone point me in the direction of Briggs & Stratton 101? My son and I are in the process of building kart/rod using a 5hp B & S motor from a leaf blower...