Recent content by pj_elia

1. P

newb need guidance engines.

Probably spun the flywheel key. Craftsman didn't make motors. Its either a Tecumseh or Briggs made for Sears.
  2. P

Rupp guys..Need engine advice

All you need is the float, needle, and bowl. That's about $15 worth of stuff. Or just get a new aftermarket carb for $40. Forget the clone on that bike. I'm sure the torque converter will work. Just get a belt and a cover. Also a cheap $3 muffler. For $100, that bike could be near original...
  3. P

1970 Rupp Sprint

Any update? Looking forward to seeing your progress. I hope it went well.
  4. P

1970 Rupp Sprint

Nice stroy and pictures about your brother's sprint. I have the same bike in about the same condition. I'm looking forward to seeing your process. Mine also has alot of old paint to strip. How much did it cost you to have yours blasted or did you do it yourself?
  5. P

Minibike Gathering - Wayne, NJ

My brother-in-law and I plan on attending.
  6. P

Hello There Guys I Need Your Guys Help With This Rupp

You should replace the head gasket as it might not be sealing anymore. Also, the fly wheel doesn't just need to be tightened, you need to re-check the flyweel key. When you retighten it, use repeated quick blows with a mallet since you don't have a tool to hold the flywheel. Check the...
  7. P

The order you mentioned is correct. Good luck. Flywheel should be tight. There are proper ways to tight one but for a Tec you could use a large ratchet and a rubber mallet or an air impact gun. Paul
  8. P

If it has decent compression then a quick squirt of starter fluid should should cause it to fire. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think you mentioned replacing the flywheel key and then it ran for a bit. I'm now guessing you didn't tighten the flywheel nut tight enough and the key sheared...
  9. P

This is randy fault

Sorry to hear about your friend. I never go to bed angry and try not to have any regrets in life.
  10. P

Todays Score.............

You california guys don't know what rust is. That's what sandblasters are for.
  11. P

Rupp C-350

Looks good. Makes me wanting to get started on mine. i'm also wondering about the clutch cover?
  12. P

gustavo, If its not firing with gas sparyed in the carb and you say its go spark, either the spark is not strong enough, there is no compression, or the timing is off. It does not sound like you have a compression tester but you can do a very basic test by taking the spark plug out and hold...
  13. P

Ditto on above but also try adjusting the mixture screw on the bottom of the carb. Also, when they say clean the carb, its not just take the float bowl off and spray the inside. Take it off the motor. Check the main needle passage by spraying carb cleaner with the red tube into the hole...
  14. P

All Has To Be GONE

Looks like an old manco frame. My brother in law has one and it rides great, especially for being that small.
  15. P

Deal of the Day

Good deal. Personally, I like hanging the tank in front of the seat but looks good overall.