Recent content by Qucifer

1. Qucifer

Reproducing vintage Go-Kart frame

Post pics of your bends on tube with that bender. I have never seen anyone succesfully do it, but if there is some trick to it it would be interesting to see. I tried it before I had my tube bender, and all it did was kink the tube, thats why I ended up investing in a tube bender.
  2. Qucifer

I made my own spindles and used a very basic disc brake setup like the guys use here on thier mini's. I recycled tie rod ends froma golf cart for the steering, and even used a golf cart steering wheel. It might not seem like it will cost too much, but the steel tube is not cheap, and the...
  3. Qucifer

Building a go kart from scratch is pretty expensive, I did one about 5 years ago and the final bill was over 1200 dollars. I built it from scratch, and used northern tool for all my other parts. The motor and Tav2 was over half the total cost, running me about 650 dollars. Check out this...
  4. Qucifer

5hp stand up scooter

That thing looks fun to ride.
  5. Qucifer

doodlebug TRIKE

Good Idea going with the chain tensioner. I am not running nearly as much chain as you are, but mine is 35 pitch and it stretches like crazy. There is even about a 6 inch segment that is cocked sideways a bit from stretching so bad. Probably happened when I made the vid of me smoking the back tire.
  6. Qucifer

doodlebug TRIKE

Thats a 1.25" aluminum correct? Thats definitely cool. Are you going with a hydraulic brake setup as well?
  7. Qucifer

Oldsalt's Caper Cycle. Custom Modified Class.

If thats your first try, I wouldnt be upset at all. I would rock that seat anyday, looks comfy.
  8. Qucifer

doodlebug TRIKE

Really nice work so far. That whole rear end looks pricey. Are you going to put a wheelie bar on the back?
  9. Qucifer

welding, welders

These pics are from a jig I built. The first pic is a kind of tight spot, and the last is a very tight spot. Someone on a welding forum wanted a closeup of some of my tighter corners, and this is what I have on hand. The second pic is of a piece of 1/4" round stock welded to a piece of angle as...
  10. Qucifer

5hp stand up scooter

That is very cool. What is the legal requirements for driving it on the streets? I thought a scooter or moped had to be under a certain volume of displacement to not require registration and plates.
  11. Qucifer

Oldsalt's Caper Cycle. Custom Modified Class.

Nice work on the tank, very cool.
  12. Qucifer

Building a mini from scratch

Nice work, you are a very innovative builder. You should consider engineering as a career.
  13. Qucifer

Destructive Mini Testing

Ive had this engine too long to blame anyone but myself if I blow it up, but its fun to mess around none the less.
  14. Qucifer

Destructive Mini Testing

Its still processing, I just uploaded it, so it may take a little bit before its viewable.
  15. Qucifer

Destructive Mini Testing

Have to put this thing through its paces before I strip it down and paint it. Here is a little clip of high RPM testing on the chain and sprocket assembly. YouTube - Custom Mini Bike Burnout Q