Recent content by rbink455

1. rbink455

BGW Mini pickup!!

Steve, I really don't know. I've seen 5 of these in my travels, and have owned 3. My buddy still has 1. Production had to be low, if I had to guess, 500?? But that's a total guess.
  2. rbink455

BGW Mini pickup!!

This was made by a division of arms industries in mansfield Ohio, BGW. The body was designed and build by John Plessinger whom created the 1st three wheeler the tri-cart. 340cc Kohler engine, rubber u- joints, more robust frame than the Alsports, and no plastic on the fiberglass body! I talked...
  3. rbink455

BGW Mini pickup!!

chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/mcy/d/trike-alsport-vintage-tri/6616961501.html Looks all original, someone should snatch this up!! They are the best riding trike there is! FYI, it's not mine....
  4. rbink455

Tri-sport rts420...

5. rbink455

Tri-sport rts420...

Just put this thing together for my kid to drive to school on tractor day. I couldn't get it all completed in time, but she drove it to school and back with only usual problems!
  6. rbink455

Alsport trisport new old stock phase lll decal set on ebay!!!!!

Did anyone buy these? Would love to help pay to get them copied!
  7. rbink455

440 SL find!

I don't think it's the same guy you originally sold it to. I ran into the original guy and bought a trike from while your blue trike was in transit. The last time I spoke to him, he had traded everything. It still looks good, even with missing parts! I'm thinking he bought that from you in...
  8. rbink455

440 SL find!

Found this searching Craigslist today. I think it's Steve's trike originally from Cali?? https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/6218653066.html If I had the extra cash, I would be going to get it!
  9. rbink455

Alsport Tri-Sport SL290/340 Kohler Bonneville Salt Flats!!

Unfortunately, the project has been put on hold. I just picked up an rts290 that I'm piecing together for my daughter, so the 440 swap won't happen until probably late July. Going to take my SL with the 290 and her RTS290 riding in northern Mi , then after I'll do the swap, since I anticipate...
  10. rbink455

Full frame, full suspension alsport

Looking for a full frame Alsport, any condition. Willing to trade a running ts8 alsport with a newer 420cc 13hp engine and disk brake. Located in south Michigan, willing to travel!
  11. rbink455

Street Legal BGW TriRod in Ohio

Have had 3 of these. John Plessinger, the guy whom patened the first 3 wheeler, designed the body. These have an incredible ride. They were street legal, kohler 340s, and have a great body to work with.
  12. rbink455

Gearing with TC questions

IF you calculate the engine Max RPM, Front/Rear Sprocket size, and then tire size, you can get your max potential speed. Most of the torque converters give you a close to 1:1 final ratio. 40 mph out of 6hp with good take off speed might be a stretch. Roughly looking, I would think you would...
  13. rbink455

Alsport Tri-Sport SL290/340 Kohler Bonneville Salt Flats!!

No updates. Some other projects got ahead of this one. I have the 440 sitting in the garage, just patiently waiting to be worked on.... I hope to start tearing into it next month.
  14. rbink455

trikes wanted badly

Don't think it is legit either....
  15. rbink455

HPE Muskin Scat-Tracker BELT HELP NEEDED

Some of the times, the belt part number has the dimensions in it. 904 mm Could be 35.06 inches....hence the 904-1042?? I might be way off, but just a thought. I have about 100 N.O.S Belts that we acquired in a dealer buy out. If you figure out the dimensions you want, let me know and I can try...