Recent content by rel3rd

1. R

DUCAR 196cc Stage 2 (and more) worth getting??

I actually did buy the NR Racing Ducar Stage 2 engine, with the above Mikuni carb, a PMR jackshaft kit, the header and clamp on muffler. Supposed to be 12hp? Came with a box full of mostly new parts, including 5 brand new carbs, 5 or 6 aftermarket air filters, lots of chain, small #35 and...
  2. R

DUCAR 196cc Stage 2 (and more) worth getting??

I'm fairly new to this whole minibike scene. Have had about a dozen so far, buying some non-running, then getting them running and sell them kinda thing right now... Right now, I have 2 Baja Heats, 2 Motovox MBX10, and an older metal fendered Doodlebug. The "end game" is having a decent...
  3. R

Anyone pick up a Coleman CT100 yet?

You're definitely right about the CT200's. I saw one at the dragstrip this past weekend. The balloon tires remind me of the old ATC Honda 3 wheelers. I also had a trio of DoodleBug/Predator swapped guys come up and start a conversation, lol. One was just like my blue Dirt Bug, and the other 2...
  4. R

Best way to extend your footpegs out?

I am not too worried about turns. This is a pit bike, and I'm a hefty 300#. LOL. My idea would basically be a sleeve that allowed the extra length, but still used the stock pegs and peg mounts.
  5. R

Did my first Predator swap today...

Well...finally was able to ride it...LOL...holy crap!! It's like the Chinese engine from Hell...lol. I need MORE BRAKES...they were a little "iffy" before...now, there's no IF's about it. The clutch is a Chinese MegaFlint, off of Amazon. Only grabbed it because I had a refund credit to use...
  6. R

Best way to extend your footpegs out?

I did a Predator swap yesterday on my Doodlebug, and just realized that by big fat feet (13EEE) barely fit on the pegs now...:doah: I can only get half a foot's width on the right side, and the left foot is a bit too close to the clutch for my liking. I was thinking of cutting them off at...
  7. R

Thanks guys. I'm still debating the Motovox swap. I have a young grandson, who's still a ways off of riding one, but the Motovox is literally like brand new. I just hate to tear it up, lol...
  8. R

LOL, at 300#, I NEED a ton of torque... :evil_laughter: but I hear ya, and have been down that road with an old Montgomery Ward...it had a 4hp Tecumseh and a Comet TAV. Blew it up the 1st day, 1st time I rode it...Guy sold me a 6.5hp Honda off of a water discharge pump. Everyone who ever tried...
  9. R

And boy was it easy... Grabbed a Baja Dirt Bug this past weekend for a decent price. Needed nothing but a rear tire...bald and slow leak. Had already ordered a Predator for my Motovox MBX11, which is like brand new. Decided to put it on the Baja instead. Had the old engine off in 5 minutes...
  10. R

I see what you guys mean by these things being addictive

Hmmm...didn't even consider the Briggs in the Rupp option...You may be onto something.:scooter:
  11. R

Well, I do have two questions... The Rupp has to go...not enough time or patience for that one. so.... 1. Which one would make the best Predator swap candidate? Or is it a toss up? 2. Will a 5hp horizontal shaft B&S generator engine work on a minibike? Assuming the throttle is addressed, and...
  12. R

Is this a RUPP?

I think I'm going to try and sell it in my local (Baltimore) Craigslist... Looking at it today...No way I'll ever get it back together... Any idea what I should ask for it?
  13. R

Same here...always wanted one....never got one. Weren't rich by any means, so...Couldn't afford it. I only have 3 so far...A Motovox, a Doodlebug, and a late 60's Rupp Scrambler project. Will be trying to sell the Rupp, as I don't really have the time or patience to do a restoration...
  14. R

Is heating/bending the handlebars my "best" option?

Thanks a lot for those links...If this bending idea ends up not being enough, that's the route I am going... I forgot that we have pipe benders all over the place here. I work in the same building as an industrial electric company. I simply had one of the helpers here work the bender...