Recent content by RSN

1. RSN

Valve lash

Bike is running like a cheetah. Holy cow. This forum rocks. Made it look easy. I've learned so much from this group. On to the next challenge! Big thumbs up! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  2. RSN

Valve lash

Ok. I pulled the spark plug and it pulls smooth. I'll adjust the lash a bit and try again. Thanks again. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  3. RSN

Valve lash

This is the what has happened. Thanks. Ps, bike healed my thumb overnight and I was able to reattach it with duct tape. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. RSN

Valve lash

Removed thumb to save body. Mounted it to front of the Cheeftah. Looks great. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  5. RSN

Valve lash

Wait... On switch. Gotta turn the gas on. Updates after baby wakes up. I keep the bike next to her crib in her room. That is a joke. The bike sleeps in her crib... Baby in garage. Again... Joke. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  6. RSN

Valve lash

I believe the valve lash is set. .003. I feel good about it. I put everything back together and tried to pull start. The pull hand grip yanked so hard out of my hand I may have a broken thumb. (Seriously... I am kind of a wimp about stuff but I think it's damaged beyond repair and I may have to...
  7. RSN

Valve lash

Got it. Cool. Thanks. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. RSN

Valve lash

So a gap the size of a paper width is keeping the engine from starting? Or lack of? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  9. RSN

Valve lash

Ok. I'll try that. Both seemed very tight... No give, so I will roll it over until I get some wiggle room. Thanks. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  10. RSN

Valve lash

I may be wrong... Looking at it. Is there a write up? Or just a short explanation and I will run with it. Thanks all. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  11. RSN

Valve lash

So, the threaded screw needs to be adjusted and then the nut on top. Ah... Understand now. Didn't think I moved that screw at all but must have while tightening the nut a bit? Sensitive lil fella. Ok. So, I will remove the valve cover again tomorrow, and adjust the lash. I will use some needle...
  12. RSN

Valve lash

Decided to just stop and put it back together with original springs - don't need em yet anyway. OF COURSE, IT WONT START NOW. Why? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  13. RSN

Valve lash

My valves look different than the one in the YouTube videos. Do I set the lash with the top screw? It seems like it's ether tight or loose- no way to set the lash. But I am new to these things. Sitting here looking at this thing now. Replaced the springs but now I am confused about tightening it...
  14. RSN

1973 honda z50

Thanks! Good advice. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  15. RSN

1973 honda z50

Ah, didn't know the registration issue. Didn't plan on riding it legally anyway! I just want to clean it up, ride it around and enjoy it. - found a "lilhonda" forum to learn more about them. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD