Recent content by SamM

1. S

Coleman CT200U custom build

Thanks, jdogg! The bike is looking sweet. I’m actually not going to use the handlebars in the picture. They aren’t quite high enough. Just bought a set of BMX bars that will fit much better. I spent some time in the shop and got a little cleaning done. Still much to do. SamM
  2. S

Building a Hemi....for Dummies

Take a hammer and tap the governor gear off the backside of the crankshaft. Why this is never mentioned baffles me. It reduces the rotational mass of the crank. Also, only tap the holes to be plugged the length of the plug you are using. There needs to be a shoulder for the plug to bottom on...
  3. S

The frame, for the most part has been finished. Just a few things left to do. Clean up a few welds and paint it. Unfortunately, the Winter weather has kept me from doing much on the Coleman. My current task is designing and building a new front suspension. Leading link forks from my Fox...
  4. S

The frame is done on the CT200U. A little cutting, twisting, squaring, welding and grinding needed to be done in order to finish it. Still needs some paint but I’ll have to heat the shop to do that. The jackshaft mount has been welded in, as well. A new front suspension is being fabbed for it...
  5. S

1973 Fox Thunderbolt build

I have decided to sell this bike. If anyone is interested in parts, contact me. Too many projects. Thanks! SamM
  6. S

I think the utility was built into it by Coleman. The U in CT200U probably means utility. Just a guess. The racks and bigger tires make it more of a utility bike than most other mini bikes. In my opinion anyway. The stock seat will most likely be replaced with a tractor suspension seat. I have...
  7. S

Thanks stargazer7467! The racks are definitely going back on it. This will be a utility bike for me to use for various duties at my house and property. SAT, The bike will have front and rear drum brakes on the wheels with right and left handlebar levers. I thought about adding a disc brake to...
  8. S

A couple months ago, I purchased a new CT200U. The bike was brought home and completely disassembled. A couple of Hemi Predator engines had been purchased previously, as I looked for a good deal on a bike. My plan was to make a nice minibike that I can use for hunting and hauling on my property...
  9. S

3x3 Azusa

Thanks for the info! That’s massively cool. SamM
  10. S

3x3 Azusa

wardog, That’s a great bike. Anymore information on that disconnect unit that you used? It looks interesting but how does it work and where did you purchase it? Sorry if I missed that. SamM
  11. S

The Hemi Predator is very likely going into this bike. My thoughts are also to replace the leading link fork with forks from a Yamaha TTR125L and add the Z50 extended swing arm. I may apply for a title and try to license it for street use. SamM
  12. S

gumpit, I was actually reading about your bike and saw the Z50 swingarmin the pictures. It looks great to me. Thinking serious about getting one and copying your build. Today, the Tecumseh was stuck back into the Thunderbolt, to see how it looked. Is this engine worth trying to save or is...
  13. S

Hey Steven, That just might be its new name, the Flyin’ Fox. I like it. Thanks for that! SamM
  14. S

Hey everyone, Last week, I picked up this Fox mini-cycle near Pittsburgh. The seller really hated parting with it and I understand why. What a cool bike. There doesn’t seem to be much information on these bikes. If anyone can point me in the right direction for parts, I would greatly appreciate...
  15. S

My experience w/ Comeman CT200U - Pretty good!

Love your videos, BMX. My Coleman CT200U project has started. I may document it here. I currently has a build thread on the chinarider forum. SamM