Recent content by SmallEngine H.P

1. SmallEngine H.P

Building a Hemi....for Dummies

So I have a clone-of-a-clone engine it's from a Rural King water transfer pump called Country Way, when I have time I'll get the manufacturer name on the emission sticker below the KS but it had a hemi head on it and some kind of carburetor. 208cc. Meanwhile I have a genuine predator engine that...
  2. SmallEngine H.P

My Raptor build

What kind of paint did you use? That looks great.
  3. SmallEngine H.P

ISO: Briggs 5hp "I/C" Engine

So you can cover the shipping cost for $120?
  4. SmallEngine H.P

ISO: Briggs 5hp "I/C" Engine

Hey guys I'm looking for a Briggs flathead 5hp I/C motor with a dual ball bearing crank and side cover. It doesn't have to be complete, as long as it has the stock air shroud, and most of the motor parts are there, head, sidecover, and crank.
  5. SmallEngine H.P

GX160 crankcase cover parts?

Hopefully this will be the last thing i buy for my motor but, is anyone on this thread selling a crankcase cover kit with bearings, a rubber crankshaft seal with the round spring and a gasket? I need to know if anybody has one for sale.
  6. SmallEngine H.P

Honda 5.5HP valve lash specs?

What is the stock valve lash (In Thousandths) for a gx160 motor? i need the correct specs for the intake and the exhaust. Any help would be great
  7. SmallEngine H.P

Honda GX160 5.5HP OHV Metallic Pinging Noise

Ok so today i set the valve clearance today, but when i adjusted them to specs they started ticking loudly? And all of a sudden the crankcase seal started leaking oil? lol guess i'm going to have to take it apart and inspect the components tomorrow...
  8. SmallEngine H.P

Haha guess what i found out today upon inspection when i removed the OHV cover :laugh: Both the intake and exhaust valve rocker arms weren't tightened down all the way to the stock lift specs and they were so loose you could move them left and right with the push rod still on the rocker. Lol...
  9. SmallEngine H.P

No mods, bone stock running 91 oct. fuel.
  10. SmallEngine H.P

Ok so i have this Honda GX160 engine that came with a Murray Outrage Go-Kart frame which i bought off a guy in my town for $100, So time to get down to it. I started it up with fresh gasoline and the old oil which looked good enough to use for a little bit before replacing a day later, I...
  11. SmallEngine H.P

Briggs 3.5 HP problem.

I have a Newer Briggs and Stratton 3.5 HP that blows thick blue smoke through the exhaust and through the crankcase breather. I have taken off the shroud and the cylinder head to see the bore for possible damage, and only thing i saw was a fine scrape on the cylinder. The piston is fine and the...
  12. SmallEngine H.P

2.8hp DB carb on 3hp Briggs

well i've had no particular luck with that little DB's carb, or engine either...
  13. SmallEngine H.P

2.8hp DB carb on 3hp Briggs

:facepalm: why would you use a gravity fed carb? why not just use a suction carb?
  14. SmallEngine H.P

Awesome guide to modding Briggs 5 hp flatheads

duuuude! thanks for the info!:thumbsup:
  15. SmallEngine H.P

Plastic Camshaft On My Briggs And Stratton 3.5 H.P

Yeah, i know, BS about EPA ruining stuff, putting new regs. on small off-road engines... :censure: