Recent content by steveko

1. S

z50 engine/project/help a noob

If you look at the schematic I posted all that needs to be hooked up is the Black wire from the points/coil which goes to the killswitch as texasfabguy said.
  2. S

6.5 clone carb go or no?

That's what I thought just testing the waters. I was just thinking because the bore is bigger and I'd already done slight port job. I already have the jet and a 140 emulsion tube for the low end.
  3. S

6.5 clone carb go or no?

Has anyone used the clone 6.5 carb on the Honda 5.5 GX with decent results? With minimal mods.
  4. S

z50 engine/project/help a noob

This should help. http://schematicwiring.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Honda-Z50A-Electrical-Wiring-Diagram.jpg
  5. S

Late '60s CAT Minibike mini bike

I'd put the star center cap back on in the center of the rim. Paint them black if you have them., they make it look like a cat IMO and more original.:thumbsup:
  6. S

5 wire key switch help

Does it have turn signals? CDI is stands for capacitive discharge ignition. The orange goes to the solenoid feed top post and is usually fused.BlackandWhite might excite the solenoid or one of the wires unless it is a push button start in which case the wire coming off the push button start...
  7. S

Best gear ratio for clutch and sprocket setup?

I don't know what everyone else is doing.But, as I said I'll be using a Honda GX160 with a moderate hop up no gov.18# springs lightly ported head, re-jeted carb,exhaust header index the plug etc etc you know the normal and mabey other things depends on how it goes.:scooter:
  8. S

At this point I don't care about spending alittle more cash because eventualy the GX 160 Honda will take it's place. And that's the one I will get the clutch for.
  9. S

So,basically if I go with a my 72 rear sprocket which by the way is welded to the rim., I would need roughly a 14 teeth front clutch to get the same ratio as above.
  10. S

I don't have a jackshaft and my rear tire is 11.5'' O.D front sprocket is 12tooth and rear is 72 tooth good pull but poor top end with a H 35 tec flat head ungoverned. What's the best clutch and how many tooth for the best top end but still pull a 170lb person?:scooter:
  11. S

What gear ratio's are you running?

Thank's Papa I'll check it out. Tire size is the height from bottom of tire too the top of the tire =12'' on my tire that is.
  12. S

What gear ratio's are you running?

I was just curious what most of you guy's are running as far as gear ratio's tire sizes and how fast roughly is you're combo? My combo H35 Tech stock. Clutch=11 rear sprocket=72 Tire=12'' It's like I'm standing still.:boat:
  13. S

Any OHH6hp tech hopup options?

That's cool thanks for the info.
  14. S

Broke main jet on H35, chances of B&S fitting?

That doesn't sound like the right carb for that motor.