Recent content by swashplate

1. swashplate

can a chain b to tight?

Hello I am new at all this. What you say about the chain makes cents. So I am here searching for answers to why my 10T sprocket got all teeth stripped and this is the second time it happened to a 10T sprocket. Chain is tighter than yall say it should be, but chain is a #40 and still in one...
  2. swashplate

Got a bit of a problem

I did not have a problem with eng starting or running after I unplugged the yellow wire from sensor. It runs good. Well until about an hour ago that is why I am back on here. I need to find out why my chain keeps stripping teeth off my sprocket. I will ask on another thread. But if u see this...
  3. swashplate

Got a bit of a problem

MiniBike Paul thanks for the great answer you gave to us. Me being new to this really was scratching my head when my kart keep shutting off when riding but when still on buckets it would run like a champ. No I know duh. Thanks for info.:bowdown::thumbsup:
  4. swashplate

6.5 build up, Experienced opinions needed.

Thanks I will leave the predator alone on that Kart. I will get a honda clone for other one.:thumbsup:
  5. swashplate

Removing governor on your engine and OldMiniBikes !!! Please read !!!

Anyway just measured track today 1,015 feet long. Wish it was bigger but enough to have fun.:smile:
  6. swashplate

DIY....re-jetting a 6.5

I used the Honda header but had to drill bolt holes so it would fit on Predator studs. The idle seems to work fine so I am leaving it alone. I got the stuff I listed above ,but my spark plug should be in soon. I left the govenor on for safety, I have a torque convertor, 60T and 10T sprockets...
  7. swashplate

Go Kart frame wanted, no engine

I do not know how to delete this thread I started:out: but I am just looking for karts close to me because shipping can be an issue far away:doah:. Pick up my third kart in the morning :laugh:. Kids are happy but wife not so much:shrug: I am a big kid.:thumbsup: Be loud and have fun:wink:
  8. swashplate

DIY....re-jetting a 6.5

I got a plug on order an AR3910X.:thumbsup:
  9. swashplate

Predator Timing

Thanks guys for the info. I will just buy honda clones then.
  10. swashplate

Removing governor on your engine and OldMiniBikes !!! Please read !!!

Thanks guys I will look into it. Yes I try to be safe, because i got 3 kids and keep theres geared low. I got 3 karts and looking for more, so I set each one up different. I got a dirt track in my yard over 1/8 of a mile. Got to have fun, lol. :thumbsup:
  11. swashplate

6.5 build up, Experienced opinions needed.

Got my answer I think crank shaft a different size.?:2guns:
  12. swashplate

Predator Engines

JamnJM I think the predator engines are a good thing, but the aftermarket world has had some time now to make parts. As I see it the honda clones are the same price and have a lot of aftermarket parts ready to be used now, so why not get the engine that has stuff already? I hope OldMiniBikes warehouse...
  13. swashplate

Predator Engines

Thanks for the replies. And yes maybe the info has been covered a lot, but if I found it I would not be asking the question. i searched and could not find a straight answer on flywheel or plugs. Thanks for your time. I know for now on I will not buy predator engines. i will stick with honda...
  14. swashplate

predator governor arm, linkage set up

Thanks for info...
  15. swashplate

predator governor arm, linkage set up

See I have a predator 212cc engine and wanted to get the $150 billet fly wheel but OldMiniBikes staff told me on the phone it will not work on the predator eng.. So will it anyone? I want it to be safe unlike some. I love to have fun too but safely got 3 kids to think about now. If anyone knows any facts...