Recent content by TheDuck

1. T

DoodleBastard - DoodleBug Engine Swap

LOLOL! Thanks, always! :)
  2. T

Well, Mr Troll... haha. If you've been watching my videos its pretty obvious that you haven't once seen me run said tools in the garage. I perform messy work outside, which also reduces risk of fire. But, I usually quit working when I can't see, so sundown is a great time to drag the bike...
  3. T

I completed the front engine mount and got the dual exhaust mocked-up. Video below! DoodleBastard Engine Swap - Part 5 - YouTube
  4. T

A little uncomfortably cold out today, so decided to stay in and make a model of the gas tank that is required after this engine swap. Quick image, and and another video. DoodleBastard Engine Swap - Part 4 - YouTube
  5. T

Got it already, 3 weekends of running the welder, and the bill only went up $10 over the last month. Pffft! So make it $30 then.
  6. T

Hey, thanks! I am actually having a lot of fun with this project, but the price is sure the best part! There is only about $20 invested into this, just for some welding materials. I wanted to work on if some more today, but it is uncomfortably cold. I always weld outside so as to not...
  7. T

I got the rear engine mounts accomplished, the chain now properly aligns. Also the footpegs and their crossmember are moved to their new position. Video after the image below! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFn__UEIu8w
  8. T

The tires you see on there should be OK for me... at least until they blow up! HAHA! Its a fact these tires aren't designed for 70mph, and yes, thats a realistic goal for this bike. Street or offroad, I'll take it anywhere, heh. Maybe even put lights on it. I guess we'll see. At the...
  9. T

So I did as I said above over the weekend. The headstay is mounted, as well as the frame's seating area extended and moved back a little bit so my buttcheeks don't hang off the back anymore. Here's a photo for starters, video below! DoodleBastard Engine Swap - Part 2 - YouTube
  10. T

Last night I pulled and pressed and tweaked the frame to make sure all is straight. A little overkill, but when the engine carriage is horizontally level, so is every other part of the frame. The engine should be easy to get mounted straight now. Also as a result, it make a little more space...
  11. T

Thanks for the welcomes, guys! A 2-stroke motorcycle engine would be a better fit, without overhead valves the motor is shorter! Even a CR500 engine would fit better but a big 2-stroke motor like that would probably shake the frame to bits, lol. Yes the transmission is part of the engine...
  12. T

Hey thanks! I've always wanted one of these since I was a kid, after getting to ride one it was nothing less than fun! But now that I am over 6'3" and 250lbs I was a little disappointed at its lack of ability to move me up small hills... that won't be a problem anymore! HAHA!
  13. T

I was working on a friend's DoodleBug in the driveway and began to take a liking to it and was thinking of getting my own, when suddenly my neighbor came by and gave me his old one that was rotting out in the backyard. How about that surprise? Ha! Well, I'm spoiled I guess, maybe even just a...