Recent content by theruppman

1. theruppman

Popping/backfire on deceleration?

This condition is common on my Black Widows. I have found that it occurs when I run it a little rich. The Dellorto carb on the Black Widow really brings the engine to life, especially when you really pour the fuel to it. The drawback is popping that occurs when you back off the throttle quickly...
  2. theruppman

******** snow*******

Winter has officially started here today. Haven't had a flake of snow all Winter. Now we are forecast to get 30+ inches of snow before it ends tomorrow night. Doesn't look like I'll be riding any of my bikes till "juvember"! :scared:
  3. theruppman

Saxonette

Having taken apart quite a few of these engines in the past, I can tell you that it is just another oil drain plug for the transmission fluid. The fluid actually lubricates two chambers. One chamber is on the right side of the engine where the 2 speed transmission is located. This is where you...
  4. theruppman

Speedway Widowmaker

Looking for a Speedway Widowmaker. Would prefer a complete bike, but I would certainly be interested in a roller. I already have 2 NOS Sachs 80B engines, so If yours is missing the engine, not a problem. Dirt, rust.. I don't care. Obviously, the more complete and clean it is, the more I'm...
  5. theruppman

Speedway Widowmaker motor mount for Sachs 80b

Looking for a Speedway Widowmaker motor mount for the Sachs 80B engine. Someone must have one in their stash. New or used... doesn't matter. Let me know if you if you've got one! Thanks, Bill
  6. theruppman

50cc saxonette motor.

Is the engine still available?
  7. theruppman

depart carb parts

Dave, I have a nice one that I'll send to you. No charge. I believe in "pay it forward", especially for mini bike addicts like myself. Send me a PM with your name and address and I'll send it out to you tomorrow. Bill
  8. theruppman

depart carb parts

I have some spare parts for the UA19S Dellorto carburetor including the tops for the float chamber. Sounds like that's what you need. There are 2 different styles. One has the fuel inlet and filter centered on the top. The other has an offset. I think I have both styles. Post a picture of the...
  9. theruppman

Rupp wheel #2

Still interested in both wheels. Tried to send you a PM, but your box is full.
  10. theruppman

1972 roadster 2 buy

Markus, I wondered what ever happened to that bike... I restored it for my wife to ride about 5 years ago, but she preferred her Arctic Cat because it was "quiet". I sold it and shipped it to Florida and never heard anything more from the buyer. I think the purple was the best color on the...
  11. theruppman

Tecumseh 3.5 HP kill switch

On the left side of the magneto you will see a small nut securing the two black wires (one from the condenser, the other from the coil) to the ignition points. Just take the nut off and install your kill switch wire with a small wire terminal end. Then put the nut back on so that all 3 wires are...
  12. theruppman

Old book called "Mini Bikes" ??

Just realized this thread was older than dirt! Sorry.
  13. theruppman

Old book called "Mini Bikes" ??

Doodle Bug Jr, I purchased a bunch of these books years ago. I have one in my hands. Send me your name and address and I'll send one of them to you. Freebie, no charge! Bill
  14. theruppman

70's hot rod Tecumseh build

Looks like you have a good engine to work with. I, personally, wouldn't recommend machining the flywheel in any way. Keep in mind that these flywheels are not billet and removing material can compromise the integrity of the flywheel. I doubt you would see any performance gain anyways with just...
  15. theruppman

Tecumseh HS50 engine w/ light coil

Markus, I'm not sure of the spec numbers on the HS50 as I got it as a low use shortblock without any engine tins. It has the intake port with the "squared off" corner. I needed an intake for it and went to the local small engine "graveyard" and he hooked me up with one that he took off an HS50...