******** snow*******

Freezing rain has happened, so far all is good and I still have power. Snowing now and suppose to get 6 to 8 inches..:scared: So it might be a good day to work on mini's :smile:

Ain't that tha truth !!! :laugh:
I think there is a minimum age requirement for some parts of 65. And they have sand fleas and no-seeums. No-seeums are invisible flying teeth. And don't do Jacksonville, because it's really Southern Georgia, and it snows.

Almost like clockwork, each Winter, some poor bastard with a snow shovel collection comes on line extolling the virtues of mud, freezing, wood cutting, cracked windshields, and weather that is best observed from outer space while flying over the poles.

I only say this crap so this Summer when I am running my AC full blast, and it's so hot that even sitting in the pool, my sun glasses are nearly melting against my face, (I unstick them and dip them in the pool, then put them back on over the burn mark) I'll remember not to bitch about where I chose to live. (wink)

I do like 365 days of "riding weather" however, even though I mostly just drink adult beverages and dream about snow.

I only say this crap so this Summer when I am running my AC full blast, and it's so hot that even sitting in the pool, my sun glasses are nearly melting against my face, (I unstick them and dip them in the pool, then put them back on over the burn mark) I'll remember not to bitch about where I chose to live. (wink)

I do like 365 days of "riding weather" however, even though I mostly just drink adult beverages and dream about snow.
Dave, my mom's older brother lives in Phoenix this time of year and in Rhode Island in the summer he says its the best of one world :laugh:

Winter has officially started here today. Haven't had a flake of snow all Winter. Now we are forecast to get 30+ inches of snow before it ends tomorrow night. Doesn't look like I'll be riding any of my bikes till "juvember"! :scared:

Last edited:

delray

now for you guys that are getting 2+ft of snow. are you going out couple times and blowing the snow.

or are you going to wait until it's all done and then complain that your snowblower can't handle 2+ft of snow....:laugh:
goodluck with that........

now for you guys that are getting 2+ft of snow. are you going out couple times and blowing the snow.

or are you going to wait until it's all done and then complain that your snowblower can't handle 2+ft of snow....:laugh:
goodluck with that........
It just started snowing here :laugh: And my snow blower can handle 2 feet of snow :thumbsup:

Good luck to you guys and gals up North ! I ended up with about a foot total...and for us this is a night mare. We ended up losing power for a couple of hours LAST NIGHT BUT THEY GOT IT BACK ON PRETTY QUICK. UGH.

One thing that really helps me out while Winter Working in the garage, is to go ahead and put on a pair of flannel pajama bottoms underneath my bathrobe. HUGE difference, although wool socks under my sandals would probably be a little better.

Twid

The sun sure does feel nice here in California. News is saying you east coasters are getting it bad today, hope you all stay warm an safe....

A chum of mine in Georgia sent me an email.
He is staying in with the wife and not doing much.
Outside he saw a few people driving around when the weather is bad no matter what they are told.

Here is the important part....
He says the people you see driving in bad weather are the over confident types, often relocated northerners who think they can handle the weather.

I am one of those, last night on the way home from the liquor store I slid a little in some ice driving out of the lot to make an illegal left turn up a hill.
Of course I slid ha ha.
Stupid of me I know better and the roads were not bad at all just slick from melting snow and ice ( we got no real snow BTW just a dusting not worth even doing anything about ).

Maybe if you have studded winter tyres and good reason to go out in bad weather then fine.
If your smart you wait until the roads are clear.
I often ignore both of these because I get over confident and can drive in all conditions( and I am cheap, buy the wife studded tyres but I drive on all season in an 11 year old car further hobbled by a bad turbo ).

Yes My chum for Georgia is absolutely right.
Smart people stay in and if they have to go out in bad weather they plan well ahead for it and prepare for it.

Next year will be different I will buy a set of good snow tyre and studs.
I say that every year since 07 too when my last set of snows wore out.

And how often do you leave before the widows are defrosted and clear of drive with a low tank of washer flluid?

Yes be safe and don't get over confident.
Don't over do it too lots of people have heart attacks trying to move too much snow by hand.

Have a safe weekend.

Last edited:
hope you doing alright -still learning about posting a reply-got about 4 maybe 5 wish i was young enough to drive around an act like RICHARD PETTY-to much traffic anymore in this town -these border crossing people think it is white sand from the sky-hope it is gone by monday people need to go to work-and pay taxes so more can spend it -that is something to think about-have a great day my friend-filup

We got about 18". (still snowing) Its hard to tell with all the drifting. I cleaned myself all out and the neighbor. She always makes me food.:wink: The snow plow had about 3 feet at the end of my driveway. That's the bad part of living on a corner.:laugh: