Recent content by tractorbeam

1. T

Carb / throttle linkage issue, could use some guidance!

It was the spacer. This is the "Box Stock / CNC Bored" carb. Evidently the stock form factor carb requires that spacer. After looking at the spacer's little vent groove, and remembering the puzzling little vent hole in the gasket & how it lined up with a vent path on the head-side of the...
  2. T

No fuel filter, but that will change soon. Gas is getting into the bowl no prob. I talked to Eric @ OMBW, he said to check that fuel inlet valve & small bowl and he wants me to really inspect the float assy to make sure it didn't get boogered up during shipping. Also mentioned the carb...
  3. T

I only mentioned that because the carb came with a note from OMBW that said to remove the rubber ring at the bottom of the idle jet after the engine is broken in. No change in behavior whether that ring is on or off anyway. This motor already had about 20 hours on it and ran okay with the stock...
  4. T

And that's exactly what would have happened had I not had it propped up. So I did the spring solution I posted earlier. That worked out great... however now I have the won't-run-off-idle issue which I've been researching all weekend, tried too many troubleshooting paths to count. Will...
  5. T

Thanks CarPlay. You're right about that stock spring, it's very weak. Obviously I'm new with this and I didn't notice the throttle behavior *before* starting. I will fire it up tonight & see what happens.
  6. T

T-Town, thanks for the advice sir. No I have not fired it up, only because the carb is wide open and throttle does nothing to the carb unless I manually pull in the rod's slack. I will definitely try running it & see what happens. Don't really want to swap that spring out if I could...
  7. T

I have pics of the stock setup, before I removed the orig carb. Everything's where it should be, but the new carb doesn't have that same built-in return spring. Pretty sure this carb was designed for applications involving no governor/aftermarket linkage kit. So like, just bash it into...
  8. T

So I got the CnC Bored Box Stock Carb from OldMiniBikes along with a filter kit and a few other items for my non-hemi Predator 212. After mounting the new carb, I noticed the throttle rod, while in a 'resting' position, is pulling the carb wide open: Then I realized the original stock...