Recent content by VintageMoneyPit

1. V

MBX10 Seat

I have done this but long ago. I think I just cut the tabs off the bottom of the seats plastic structure then marked the holes. Drilled and inserted metal threaded inserts into the plastic. Its not exact shape but close enough to work.
  2. V

Hemi 212cc Predator Increased Compression Clearances

Some results may vary.black mamba jr, .20 longer rod, .20 off head surface, and steel .oo9 head gasket No ptv clearance problems on 3 hemi duplicate engines checked with clay. I would say without any doubt a stock head would clear with a metal gasket and this combo.
  3. V

First timers!

Used a conduit bender on 15 doodlebugs I have built .just put the bender so the hooks up top and the open part rests on the horizontal upper mount the neck bolt goes through. Gonna need 2 adults.one to sit on the bike and guide the bars and bike from falling and bars from twisting inward..
  4. V

Anyone go to Busco Beach?

Went with my brother and my buddy. We rode saturday and all day sunday after everyone else left. Sunday was much better started drying out.
  5. V

Adding strong foot pegs?

Theres no problem welding new pegs to a db or ct frame. The tubings plenty strong. Im 300lbs and never broke anything. Just make a new mount and use dirtbike pegs.
  6. V

Mikuni fake vm22 fuel overflow question.

On a stock carb I can pretty much tilt the bike upside down and fuel stays in the carb. I upgraded to a vm22 and when I unload the bike out my truck gas comes pouring out. Float adjustment or nature of the Chinese beast.
  7. V

Stock 212 pushrod strength?

Anyone have any problems with the stock pushrods. What is there breaking point. And when to upgrade to chromoly.
  8. V

new guy

move the engine foward to remove slack
  9. V

new guy

Loosen that tensioner,flop it downward. Remove links from chain. Pulltensioner up after chain is as tight as you can get it.
  10. V

Front hydraulic brake kit

I used an extra rear rim on the front with a pocket ike disk because it was a little smaller. Less of a chance of it hotting something offroad
  11. V

Front hydraulic brake kit

I will come out of hiding and tell you from my experiance that hydraulic on the front is awesome. But doing stoppies is doable but hard. The tops of the handlebars are just over knee height and to put your weight foward to get the back up your whole upper body is over the bars.. Not to mention...
  12. V

The Big Bully

Since im not currently banned i guess for now on ill just sit in the back row and look from a far. I guess constructive criticism doesnt go over well here.coulda just told me it is the way it is too bad. But you wanted imput and i gave it to you . instead got bent out of shape like a high speed...
  13. V

The Big Bully

For a thou this free t shirt better never fade.
  14. V

The Big Bully

Since were just spitballin ideas here and this is an informative post nothing i post should get your nipples up in a twist. If i really wanted a shirt i would just buy one. Giving the option to pay more with a little incentive would pay off the shirt and decal is free advertising. Being able to...
  15. V

The Big Bully

As for a lifetime membership you could do a year for 25 and a lifetime membership for 125 or in that area with a t shirt and stickers. People love stickers. Its not really the 25 bucks but the action of having to renew. Lifers will gladly pay the money up front. Just having the option is nice...