Recent content by wenzomatoc

1. Azusa Road Rocket  (Size Matters)

Azusa Road Rocket (Size Matters)

Here is the finished product it has Honda GX-160 engine, 8 inch wheels, header w/silencer and heat wrap, extra foot pegs, longer seat, low restriction air intake, .90 jet in carb, homemade chain guard and lots of black paint. Special thanks to Mike Scalzo for the great welding job.
  2. wenzomatoc

First Project using a Azusa frame and a Honda GX160

Did a speed run with GPS it tops out at 27 mph, just about what I expected with the 12 tooth sprocket and not removing the governor. Thanks for all the advice and great ideas...
  3. wenzomatoc

The header and sound suppressor are RLV, wrapped with HP tape. I'm still having trouble getting it to clamp on. Will need to make a reducer (1in to 1 1/8) probably will need to weld it together. The wheels are 8 inch w/4.80-4.00 tires. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. wenzomatoc

Named this bike Size Matters...
  5. wenzomatoc

Now its all fixed and this bike pulls like a mule, has no problem pulling my wife an I up hills at good speeds. I'll need to see what the top speed is but so far we're very happy:laugh:
  6. wenzomatoc

Got it all back together and gave it a test run arround the block. Had a problem with the header pipe.
  7. wenzomatoc

Test fit all and now its time to paint. After I take it all apart...
  8. Finished Bike Project

Finished Bike Project

The Honda engine is a powerhouse. I need to check speed but this bike has plenty of power to pull me and my wife up all the hills in our area.
  9. Finished Bike Project

Finished Bike Project

Named the bike Size Matters...
  10. Header Blow Out

Header Blow Out

Used speed tape to fill the gap between the header pipe and the sound supressor. Bad idea all blew out afer a trip arround the block.
  11. Painting frame and chain guard

Painting frame and chain guard

12. Road Rocket Kit

Road Rocket Kit

Here is the Road Rocket Azusa kit directly out of the box. The engine was not included.
  13. wenzomatoc

I got a few supports and brackets tacked onto the frame. In this picture we are test fitting the engine and the foot pegs...:hammer:
  14. Azusa Fit Test

Azusa Fit Test

Here we are testing the engine fit and checking the clearances...
  15. wenzomatoc

Thanks for the lead, that's like the limo of mini bikes, looks like it would hold 2 large people very comfortably. My problem is, I need to keep it small enough to strap onto the hitch of our motor home and in our case my wife is small enough to jump on the back and hold on. Most of the time...