First Project using a Azusa frame and a Honda GX160

Hi all,
We needed some transportation between the campground and the boat dock about a 3 mile walk or a short ride. Bike had to be small enough to hang on the back of our RV and short enough to get under a 33 inch tall gate. This bike needs to carry myself and my wife.

As this thing gets going I'm sure I'll need some of your advice. I'll upload pictures and issues as I can.

First of all, Welcome to the sight wenzomatoc! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Did you buy that Azusa in a Kit? Good luck on your project! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

125ccCrazy

that will ne a nice little ride when it'd done but I'm not too sure how well two adults are going to fit on it, it will be a cramped ride since they are not a real big frame.... For two adults something like a Harrison wild Cat will be more comfy... or get another bike for the wife to ride :thumbsup:

Keep us posted as you get it built..

the azusa kit is a good little bike to put around on but you may have to stretch the frame and go with a longer seat to fit two let us know
both of these started out like your kit the purple one has the straight bars though/i like to use the 6'' wheels for ground clearance

Engine work

Yes, it was the Road Rocket kit, but I will need to modify it a bit to make it work for us. Here is an updated picture of the engine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the lead, that's like the limo of mini bikes, looks like it would hold 2 large people very comfortably. My problem is, I need to keep it small enough to strap onto the hitch of our motor home and in our case my wife is small enough to jump on the back and hold on. Most of the time it would be just one of us on the bike. Now and then we both may need to ride and I'm hoping the frame/engine combo will carry us (together we would be around 300 lbs).

Lookin' good man.Alot of people here dont like the Azusa kit-but if you can find any vintage bikes for sale in your area the Azusa is the next best thing.I searched & searched for a vintage ride in my area to no prevail.I love my Azusa!!!:smile: The only thing i would change is i would go with the 6" wheels & tires.I went with the 5" and had to put a smaller rear gear on the back for ground clearance.Could stand to go smaller yet to tone down the low end grunt!!! Enjoy your ride!!!!

Last edited:
Here are some of my
before pictures...
Welcome to the site! I'm also in OKC, You might want to think about a torque converter to carry two people along. It would allow for much more robust takeoff and be able to handle changes in grade much easier! Here is your next project
It's right here in OKC at my house for $350, it's a bit rough but I think it's priced right!

Now its all fixed and this bike pulls like a mule, has no problem pulling my wife an I up hills at good speeds. I'll need to see what the top speed is but so far we're very happy:laugh: