Would like to discuss with another person about the bike I have bought!

Hello. So I should start by saying I don't have a hose and I'm fixing this bike inside my house so I can't really wash it off anyways. To be honest though I've had 5 cars, all of which got totaled, lost, or taken, and by this point I feel like a 100 dollar bike that can drive me 5 miles to work and back would be best even if sometimes I still will need to call a cab due to weather.

Sorry about the cobwebs!

So, I found this bike and I think it's really great looking but for now it cannot start. The guy I bought it from insisted it was an issue with the carborator, and said I should leak all the fuel out of the system, crack the carborator and clean it out, then give it a fresh tank of gas and it should start. Well it does not. I emptied the fuel out and then poured a new tank in and it did not start still, not even a sound of it doing so. This was outside, after that I emptied the fuel out and took it inside to look at the electronics.

The guy I purchased it from said it was hotwired, which it seems to be. I'm wondering if maybe something is going on electronically to make it not spark up, since I don't hear any sound when I kick the ignition to start... (Perhaps a new kick would fix it too?)

It makes pretty much no sound whatsoever when I kick the starter, but I can see that the fuel gets to the engine, and it seems to me to be something electrical. I figure the battery is probably dead, given the amount of cobwebs--no sorry literal spider webs--on this thing that's probably accurate. The problem is I'm not sure what the battery would look like. I think I found it but if anyone can verify and give me an idea as to if that is the problem, or if I should go about replacing or opening the carburator? I have just started this project and ultimately I want to paint over the sticker (well remove the sticker and paint on it) with a solid colored stripe. Not sure what color yet. No point worrying about paint if I can't get it working though ha.

Also, how do I go about changing the spark plug? It seems like neither part of the plug is detachable. Do I remove the part attached to the "accordion" on the engine?

Some pictures!

IMG_0631.JPG
This is the bike. Pretty rad. Just want the orange grossness sanded off and fresh paint lol. The green looks great.

IMG_0627.JPG
This is a picture of what I believe could be the battery. Either the black box on the left, or the silver cylinder on the right. I am not sure how I could change either of those... One question I have is that, if I were to cut a wire, and solder the wire to two sides of a battery, would that make the car have "juice"?

IMG_0630.JPG
This is the spark plug. I think. (Please help me ahaha... Sad)

IMG_0633.JPG
The wires that can be connected to more things... Not sure what to make of it but theres some wires twisted together at the bottom of the cluster. The yellow wires are plugged into the "horn"(?) or something, and the blue ones were connected to it too. The piece in my hand was originally attached to the horn.

IMG_0632.JPG
This last picture is an out of focus picture of the horn. It says Nutone 12V.

In any case any responses would be appreciated. I'd love the opportunity to hear peoples' thoughts on how to get this started, and if anyone has questions for me I'd be happy to answer them.

Welcome. That doesn't appear to be a old mini bike to me.:laugh: Looks like a :chinese: mini cycle. Doesn't even look that old.:eek:ut: Not sure too many members will be able to help you with that. Hope you can get it going. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Your local scooter shop will be more able to make sense of a Chinese wiring harness, most if not all of our minibikes here have simple points or more simple solid state ignition where your bike has an ECM of sorts. The modules are highly subject to failure and I cannot say why, just not made well I figure. Not to say someone here can't help you but the chances are not really high. There are forums where these pit bikes are the main subject like planetminis.com where I bet you can get the most help. Good luck.