Azusa frame kit

Agree. But there are many who can't simply put a part on a lathe and correct it, or grind away bad welds then break out a tig welder and correct it. They may not have the proper tools for the detailed work in the first place. Many may just want to assemble a mini bike and ride, with somewhat decent quality parts.
That's my point, I have plenty of good tools and pretty good mechanical skills, BUT I don't have a machine shop/welding fabrication shop at home. When you're paying $500 plus for a simple minibike kit...it should be much better fit and finish than what I've seen available.

It's been about 3 years since the OP asked about the Azusa and over 2 years since he last logged in......
Sometimes new info can be added to that thread though. Now people know you can fit an 8hp Tecumseh flat head in one of these. I wouldn't advise it, but you can. It's big, heavy and not fast at all.

Sometimes new info can be added to that thread though. Now people know you can fit an 8hp Tecumseh flat head in one of these. I wouldn't advise it, but you can. It's big, heavy and not fast at all.
Yeah, I get that, but I find it kinda' irritating when someone digs up an old, dead thread and the (often long-gone) OP gets more replies than he/she did back when they may actually have been helpful. Maybe I'm the only one it irritates, but I doubt it...

Yeah, I get that, but I find it kinda' irritating when someone digs up an old, dead thread and the (often long-gone) OP gets more replies than he/she did back when they may actually have been helpful. Maybe I'm the only one it irritates, but I doubt it...
Oh, I get it and feel the same way. I'm just trying to be a bit more positive.

I recently purchased an entire kit and a frame and fork iff of craigslist for $100. It was purchased about 10 years ago and the frame started to flash rust from being stored in a basement. A friend sandblasted epoxy primed and sprayed both frames for me. My 10 year old son helped me put it together. I decided to put a 3hp predator in it. Turned out pretty nice. In my opinion the worst part about these hikes are the footpegs. I should have welded a piece of pipe on like the above post, buy hind site is 20/20. A few pics of the finished bike. 20200815_193038.jpg 20200815_193115.jpg 20200815_193038.jpg