Stretched and slammed Azusa.

I recently picked up an Azusa frame for a great deal. They are far from my favorite but since I picked it up so cheap I figured I’d try to modify it to show off a new venture of mini bike fab I went for. I had new axle tabs laser cut with BSE(Brads Small Engines logo) in them with disc brake bracket. I also sourced a set of original forks and had new tabs laser cut to lower the front also. I am using an Azusa Tri star rear wheel I’ve had on the shelf for years with split sprocket adapter. For the front I have a small 3 spoke scooter front. I set the ride height to 1.5 inches in the rear and the front will be right at 1 inch So it’s safe to say I won’t be carving any corners with it. My goal is to build a budget drag chassis for someone looking to get into mini bike racing. I will add more pictures as i continue to make progress on the build.

Attachments

Those Azusa Tri-Stars are notorious for not running true - both side to side and up and down wobble- just saying. Have you checked them yet? That makes chain alignment and maintaining a constant chain tightness a real challenge.
Michael

Nice profile. 1 inch, huh? Sounds a little scary. Do you change the angle of the neck tube? I like the rear tire and tread.
I may end up putting the front at 1.5” to match the rear. I did not change the tube angle but will add stabilizer mounts so if the future owner wants to add one it will bolt right on. I am getting ready to do a long frame ruttman next. That will be 2” clearance.

Those Azusa Tri-Stars are notorious for not running true - both side to side and up and down wobble- just saying. Have you checked them yet? That makes chain alignment and maintaining a constant chain tightness a real challenge.
Michael
When I spun this one it seems to be pretty good. I didn’t put a dial indicator on it. I used it for moch up and if future owner wants something more true I always recommend a Douglas kart style wheel.

When I spun this one it seems to be pretty good. I didn’t put a dial indicator on it. I used it for moch up and if future owner wants something more true I always recommend a Douglas kart style wheel.
On the Tri-Stars I have seen with problems you don't need a dial indicator to see the wobble- it's (easily) visible with the naked eye. You might have got lucky...
Michael

On the Tri-Stars I have seen with problems you don't need a dial indicator to see the wobble- it's (easily) visible with the naked eye. You might have got lucky...
Michael
I’ve seen them bad too. Wheel barrel quality and youd loose half the load by time ya go there your headed lol.