Honda CT70HE from 1970

Divouneh

Today: broken thread for the inlet manifold: Use to be M6, hole was around 10mm :(.
I used an epoxy cement, a new screw with grinded head, the manifold to guide the screw (not tighten yet)....
Dead end thread are not easy to repair without a machine shop :oops:

IMG_3866.jpg IMG_3865.jpg IMG_3861.jpg IMG_3864.jpg

I actually like JB Weld for some uses, however, I cannot imagine it holding up for very long with the heat and vibration it is exposed to in that application.
Michael

Divouneh

Test with gas today, gears are changing well....
I will not do more tests, I am starting to rebuilt the new old frame.
I will use the engine as it is, could be a second project went I will have the registration done.

Divouneh

I actually like JB Weld for some uses, however, I cannot imagine it holding up for very long with the heat and vibration it is exposed to in that application.
Michael
I did a few repairs with such epoxy without issues. This bike will never do long trips :scooter:, I have no risks :)

Divouneh

I am starting to remove all parts from the old frame...
I will keep the front fork, to be closer as the original type, easier for the registration later (I have no title)...
I will cut the original headlight support and use a new support...
Off.jpg

Divouneh

I trashed the old frame :eek:. Sunny day and not to cold: starting to rebuilt the fork...
I have new needle bearings to install :scooter:, after so long some part don't want to come out :mad:...
Fork.jpg