What is it ?

Hey Everybody,,,
Thank you very very much for identifying My last minibike as a Manco , built for Sears.
I appreciate all of your expertise… well, now I have another identification question… I just bought this minibike and I’m not real certain that the motor/drivetrain is original nor do I know who the manufacturer is… Please take a look at the pics and see what you think ….. any information on it would be much appreciated… I haven’t touched it yet. It’s just the way I bought it…. I thought I would ask for your help before I disassembled it.
Thanks to all of you in advance !!!

Attachments

Hello @Back In The Day ...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum !

I think you can make a neat little mini bike out of it.

As you were thinking, the motor, rear wheel and seat are not original.

Perhaps the wood for the seat may be the original shape.

I believe I would keep that sissy bar, even with an original seat would look good. And try to keep the torque converter with whatever motor you use, it's like having an automatic transmission.

The original motor was probably a 3 to 4 hp tecumseh.

Keep us posted with what all you do with it.

Hey Everybody,,,
Thank you very very much for identifying My last minibike as a Manco , built for Sears.
I appreciate all of your expertise… well, now I have another identification question… I just bought this minibike and I’m not real certain that the motor/drivetrain is original nor do I know who the manufacturer is… Please take a look at the pics and see what you think ….. any information on it would be much appreciated… I haven’t touched it yet. It’s just the way I bought it…. I thought I would ask for your help before I disassembled it.
Thanks to all of you in advance !!!
The handlebars make me think Lil' Indian.
(nope not even close)
Thanks for the input …. I’m appreciative of any and all info !!!

Hello @Back In The Day ...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum !

I think you can make a neat little mini bike out of it.

As you were thinking, the motor, rear wheel and seat are not original.

Perhaps the wood for the seat may be the original shape.

I believe I would keep that sissy bar, even with an original seat would look good. And try to keep the torque converter with whatever motor you use, it's like having an automatic transmission.

The original motor was probably a 3 to 4 hp tecumseh.

Keep us posted with what all you do with it.
thank you for for your interest to help me out …I respect you members as the real pro’s ….
Since the frame has already been fitted with that 6.5 horse power drivetrain , i’m thinking of keeping it right on there and moving away from the stock minibike it once was… I’ve always been an original stock build guy , but with this one, I’m thinking on other lines… Since the front forks, and the existing sissy bar have a nice rake to them already ,,, My thoughts are to turn it into a nice custom chopper …
Maybe powder coat the frame and rims , with a longer and pointed chrome sissy bar …
Anyway, thank you for your valuable input and interest in the build !!!

markus

No worries. I have no idea how that wasn’t answered before. Where is @SimpleTom and a few others that used to answer? It’s crazy this vintage site can only identify Coleman mini bikes these days.
Effenel never offered a bike with that frame, Scat Cat however did. And since its a total clusterfuck of modifications all over it, It would be really hard to narrow down actual model or year of it, nor worth bothering to even try. So the first reply given within an hour or so of him posting was actually spot on for him to research and get a better idea of just how cobbled the bike is and go from there so no reason for anyone to reply at that point.....unless of course you just want to play guessing game and rewrite history with an incorrect answer.

1972 scat cat4.jpg

Davis

Effenel never offered a bike with that frame, Scat Cat however did. And since its a total clusterfuck of modifications all over it, It would be really hard to narrow down actual model or year of it, nor worth bothering to even try. So the first reply given within an hour or so of him posting was actually spot on for him to research and get a better idea of just how cobbled the bike is and go from there so no reason for anyone to reply at that point.....unless of course you just want to play guessing game and rewrite history with an incorrect answer.

View attachment 311347
just gotta rib you people in the know to get you to reply. My try was a BS shot in the dark.