Truck load of Intek 206!

Great find @71demon340 !

Keep in mind, for safety's sake, if you all go to a slide carb (which bypasses any governor)...you'll need to upgrade the intervals to a billet connecting rod, billet flywheel, and remove your internal and external governor parts.

Keep us posted, and enjoy your find !

Why not just stick with the flathead on the chopper? Classic looks!

edit: Just my opinion. the entire point of a chopper is to look cool. Not to go fast.

Last edited:
I believe that engine is the basis for the LO206 kart racing engine. You might look there for some ideas and inspiration.
As mentioned, please be safe and install the high performance parts inside before you start shopping for a motorcycle carb.

Make sure you go through those engines carefully. They might be missing gaskets, bolts, washers and bolts might not be torqued. They have probably been taken apart and put back together dozens of times by students.

Last edited:

markus

Make sure you go through those engines carefully. They might be missing gaskets, bolts, washers and bolts might not be torqued. They have probably been taken apart and put back together dozens of times by students.
Last batch of shop class 475 series Briggs I got were that way, think out of 5 I actually could only get like 2 complete running engines out of the batch!

I believe that engine is the basis for the LO206 kart racing engine. You might look there for some ideas and inspiration.
As mentioned, please be safe and install the high performance parts inside before you start shopping for a motorcycle carb.

If it's specifically the older Intek I/C 206cc from the 2000-2010's, it is what they were based off. There are newer 203cc ones, not so much. I don't recall offhand if the newer 203cc ones interchange parts with aftermarket animal parts.

Either way, cool find and best of luck with them. Even the newer ones are a tank of an engine. Also, if you're going to go with a gov removal, it's a good idea to follow the advice to replace the stock rod and flywheel if you can. And if you're willing to spend a little more money than some Chikuni, get the actual Animal/LO206 Walbro PZ22 carb. Can find them pretty easily as take-offs from builds for $100-120, sometimes much cheaper off ebay. It should just bolt on with an Animal intake adapter and run without all the tinkering.

joshua. c.

The aftermarket parts for the Briggs Animal including the ARC racing billet rod and ARC racing billet flywheel and aftermarket cams from dyno cams all fit perfectly in the briggs 206 I have already put one together for a project but haven't run it yet.

Old briggs can be good cheep fun!