Search results for query: Argyle

1. R

1950 Era Argyle Folding Mini-Folding Scooter ...

I have a 1950 Argyle Folding Scooter that was used as transportaton when flying into Oregon airstrips a long time ago ... I rode it as a young boy ... am 77 years old now ... and am thinking about selling it ... it runs ... send me an email or text if interested in knowing more & getting some...
  2. D

Argyle Cub scooter

I recently cleaned out a friends garage and found this scooter, it's in excellent shape, it runs, the tires have no cracks, the aluminum is still polished, the only thing it's missing is the original gas tank and seat. I will take $3,000 obo. I'm located in Fremont Ca. and I'm willing to ship...
  3. Charles S

Argyle Cub

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?search/991890/&q=Argyle&o=date
  4. R

Argyle Cub

Picked this up a couple weeks ago. It was apart in a Rubbermaid tub. I think it came out good. I definitely need a seat made. I was told 1955, but I'm not sure
  5. JohnnyTillotson

Adjusting a Clinton Panther 500 with LMB carb, driving me crazy.

That storage box is the stuff of friggin dreams!
  6. RogerA

Argyle Scooter Cub Update #4

Wanted to update everyone on the progress I’ve made on the ID/vin plate I had made. Plate was an excellent reproduction of the original. I wanted to stamp in the model and serial numbers as close to original as possible. After much research on size and type of letters, I searched to find a...
  7. RogerA

...during its fist running. Hence the blue smoke. I have since cut back the oil to 35 to 1 and it is running good. I got the motor and the Argyle Scooter Cob frame parts and pieces from a guy who bought out the leftovers of the company. Here is a photo of my “kit” to put together...
  8. nightgrider

Di Blasi R7 Folding Motor Bike

Pretty cool. I just think all these folding designs are neat.
  9. RogerA

Di Blasi R7 Folding Motor Bike

Folding Dinky Cycle from the early 1960's. Also sold as the Argyle Scooter Cub, and the JoyRide.
  10. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter Update #3

The tag came out great! Here are the photos I sent. Along with the dimensions, they made a super reproduction. A fellow Argyle Scooter Cub owner sent me a photo of the tag on his Cub. THANKS Todd Chapman
  11. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter Update #3

...back from than my triple bypass heart surgery. But I did have time to search out a maker of acid etched aluminum ID tags in India. Sent them a few photos, and they made an exact reproduction of the 1960 Argyle Scooter Cub ID tag. So now my kit built Argyle will "Look" like the real thing.
  12. RogerA

Photo of it. It’s on my 1960 Argyle Scooter Cub.
  13. RogerA

If you still have your "Dinky Cycle", could you send me a close up photo of the serial number...

...number tag on the head stock? I'm building one from a "kit" of pieces and would like to have one made. They were built as several models, "Argyle Cub", "Dinky Cycle" and "JoyRide" all in Memphis Missouri, by the Phillips Conveyor Company. THANKS!! @RogerA or...
  14. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter update #2

Well we have a roller! Rolls well, brake works, no scraping or rubbing noises. Next is a clutch for the Clinton and the belt and chain. Hot days in the garage, but worth the smiles it gives me. Thanks to all. Roger
  15. RogerA

Dinky Cycle (Argyle) Kit on eBay

...I'm building now. They are early 60's, cast aluminum frame, made by the Phillip's Conveyor Company of Memphis Missouri. They were called, Argyle Cub, JoyRide, and Dinky Cycle. It's a neat little fold up mini, originally produced for pilots to take along in their airplane. Here is a link...
  16. Taco Loco Joe

What was it?

Still don’t know what it is but liking it more as a 2 wheeler. Not an Argyle but some sorta scooter. Still got one crudely welded bracket to cut off.
  17. RogerA

Argyle Cub Scooter update #1

I‘be been busy fitting, filing, drilling, and mocking up the Argyle from all the piece. Two hours of bolt shopping and buying at Home Depot helped. I’ve got it so it fits together, and folds up good too. I’ll mount the Clinton engine up next, as it sets the seat height, jack shaft and so...
  18. RogerA

Argyle Cub Mini

I received my “kit” to build an early 60’s folding aluminum mini scooter yesterday. They went by several names, Argyle Cub, JoyRide, Dinky Cycle. I’ll have to find a few parts to complete it, and some drilling and fitting. As most of you know, I’ve wanted one of these since I saw my first...
  19. Minibikephil

Skat kitty

Did you ever get the bike ? Or any of the money back ?
  20. RogerA

Skat kitty

THANKS to Karen for reporting this. She helped me find, and out a mini bike scammer that "took" me for $$$ on an Argyle Cub/ Dinky Cycle. "Bouch8769" is a mini bike scammer from New York, and a member of this forum.