Search results

1. J

Hi Guys; I'm an active vintage karter (about a dozen of them) and finished a restoration on a...

Hi Guys; I'm an active vintage karter (about a dozen of them) and finished a restoration on a '59 Caper Cart last year. Have run in at various vintage events on the west coast and it's been a real hit. I stay in touch with Chuck Swanson who worked with Benny Hunt on the karts and Caper...
  2. J

Two go karts?

Azusa kart wheel That's a front wheel for early karts.....used tapered roller bearings....Bug and Gokart used them in the 60s and probably a lot other manufacturers. Come to think of it, all the early azusa wheels were that setup so probably were on the early mini bikes also until they...
  3. J

Hey oldsalt; Since I grew up in WW, I would love to catch up with you. I had a short email...

Hey oldsalt; Since I grew up in WW, I would love to catch up with you. I had a short email chat with caperman regarding Ben Hunt, etc. I hung out a lot at their shop in the late 50s. Ran an Apache cart which was Ben's compatition in WW and I'm now trying to locate a caper cart which...
  4. J

searching for a caper cart

I'm hoping that one of you minibike guys can help my find a caper cart. Yes, Ben Hunt built carts also, in fact the caper cycle came after the caper cart. I know, I spent a lot of time hanging around their shop getting in the way of Ben his buddy Chuck Swanson. I am into karts like a...
  5. J

Caperman! Is that you. Bummed around Ben Hunt's shop in the 60s.......looking for a caper...

Caperman! Is that you. Bummed around Ben Hunt's shop in the 60s.......looking for a caper cart to restore or just chat about those times. jim jessuparchitect@msn.com 206 322-2121
  6. J

searching for caper kart & cycle

Hi; New to this forum but stumbled onto it while trying to find info or locating caper karts or apache karts that were built in Walla Walla, Washington. I saw a short article in here on Ben Hunt and caper cycles......would like to chat with the author of the article as I grew up in...