Search results

1. 9

jacks small engines

Thats odd, I have bought from them many times (at least 5 times) and have never had a problem with customer service or shipping... It has been about 6 month since I bought anything from them, so maybe something changed.
  2. 9

tecumseh ?s

3. 9

Custom Front End

Does anyone know where I can get some fork plates made for a custom front end for a minibike. I have a heathkit boonie bike that I am putting a set of 18x7" wheel and tires on and I need to make the front end wider. I dont want to mess with the original front end so I figured I would make a...
  4. 9

tecumseh ?s

Thats an H30 which is a 3hp engine
  5. 9

Tecumseh OHV 6hp Carb

I am 100% positive that the adjustable carb off the flat head will work, I have used this setup in the past, I just dont have the tecumseh part number to order the correct carb.
  6. 9

Tecumseh OHV 6hp Carb

The carb that came on my Tecumseh 6hp is a fixed jet carb, I am looking for a replacement carb that has adjustable needles. Does anyone have a tecumseh part number from an engine that has this carb. I believe that the carbs for the 5-7hp OHV Tecumseh are all the same.
  7. 9

craigs list find any good?

The big Cats are an awesome bike, 6hp and a TAV2 this bike will go anywhere you can find.
  8. 9

Boonie Bike clutch cover

Tim, Sorry for the delay, All my stuff is packed from a recent move and I am still trying to sort through it all. When I find it I will get you dimensions if you still need them... Dave
  9. 9

tav2?

I don't know what to tell you then, Other than belt slip... Is belt on the correct direction ?? It is an asymmetrical belt and does have a proper way to be installed.
  10. 9

tav2?

You problem is your gearing. You have a 53th driven sprocket which is a little small. Up that rear gear and you should be good, I would think a 60th would be a better fit. I run a TAV2 on a minibike with a 12th front and a 72th rear and all the thing does is stand on the rear wheel at any speed.
  11. 9

Who sells the best twist-throttle?

Come on guys, I dont think he wants to break the bank on a twist grip. I understand quality parts, but I think its a little overkill ?? I use cherry brand twist grips on all my bike and they work great. Just make sure you get a twist grip that is all metal and make sure you clean the bar good...
  12. 9

My trail bug wheel and the bearings from hell!!

In the past I have used a brass drift to punch out an old bearing. I have never worked on a fox minibike some I am not sure exactly what the bearings look like, but if they are the standard minibike style bearing then all you have to do is use a punch or a drift or a screw driver on the back...
  13. 9

No take-off power

I think biggest problem right now is your gearing. You essentially have a 16th drive to a 72th driven (the 12's cancel each other out) which is a 4.5 to 1 drive ratio. In my experience I like to see a minimum of a 6 to 1 ratio for clutch drive minibikes. The easiest way for you the get there is...
  14. 9

Another TAV question

This is the only way to make the TAV2 bolt onto the Honda GX style of engine. Clearance the offending rib and you may also have to trim the rear dip stick, raise the engine about 3/4" and you should be good to go. This seems like a lot of trouble but once you crack the throttle with that TAV2 on...
  15. 9

What do torque-a-verters do?

Exactly the TAV2 just makes a minibike a much more versatile bike. I have yet to find a hill my bikes wont climb.
  16. 9

What do torque-a-verters do?

If you have not riden a bike with a TAV2 on it then you are missing out. First of all I have riden for many years with a straight clutch and chain setup and was fine on paved roads and even some light packed trails, but once you get into anything over that a clutched minibike will be left in the...
  17. 9

Lil' Indian 2-piece rebuild

I highly recommend a TAV2 for the lil indian frame, I have the exact same frame with a gx160 and a tav2 and the bike is a little monster. I have yet to find a hill the bike cant climb. I dont think any minibike should not have a TAV2, well worth the cash !!!
  18. 9

Gas Tank Hits The Tire

If you use these you will have a hell of a time keeping for chain in tension...
  19. 9

Throttle Cable Trimming.

Electrican Plyer snip through no problem and no fray
  20. 9

Converting a Doodlebug to a 6.5?

A couple of guys on this board have bought this frame from this guy and have had really good luck with everything. Use the search button and see how they worked out