Search results

1. black_ice

custom air filter adapter

that was my original thoughts but i dont have access to a turn lathe to turn one and my buddy that worked at the local crank company got layed off so thats outta the question. was gonna buy one but i dont like turing lose of the money when its not a major engine part
  2. black_ice

like i said just a thought but i cant go that fast :thumbdown: but i would say 68 is fast enough for me :thumbsup:
  3. black_ice

ok how about a small ram air for the carb? justa thought
  4. black_ice

Anyone got any ideas on how to design a custom airfilter adapter to mount the round air filter on a OHV briggs? Or maybe even a volocity stack that would be cool :thumbsup:
  5. black_ice

8HP vertical shaft convert to horizontal

As bandit40 said noone wants to see anyone get hurt not saying that the idea wouldnt work at a very low rpm (not much above an idle) just way to dangerous if you where to try and ride it. good luck with your swing arm project. and happy building
  6. black_ice

oh it can be started. all that has to be done is design a intake to mount the carb hor. i just wouldnt wanna be around after (lets say)3seconds :out:
  7. black_ice

Oh boy It can be done but not the way he is going at it shouldnt have drilled holes in the bottom(or side:out:) of the block its gonna take more to get the thing ready to start than it would have taken to by a new flattie of the shelf. only engine i can think of that can be flipped either way...
  8. black_ice

wanted to buy "flywheel"

part number 699514 electric start b&s flywheel off a 6.5-7.5hp
  9. black_ice

briggs electric start

flywheel update:doah: Found out that a flywheel number 699488 is stock nonelectric start flywheel for a 6.5 and a 8.5 are the same and a electric start flywheel is number 699514.
  10. black_ice

briggs electric start

flywheel update:doah :doah:found out that a flywheel number 699488 is stock nonelectric start flywheel for a 6.5 and a 8.5 are the same and a electric start flywheel is number 699514.
  11. black_ice

Need Briggs Help Please

thats what alot of ppl think but the flywheel key can be wore due to a lose flywheel or can strip turn a complete round and stop back at the keyway and will still start..
  12. black_ice

Need Briggs Help Please

sounds like the keyway is a lil stripped. just my two cents
  13. black_ice

pull starters

nope same size
  14. black_ice

broken clutch

if it didnt break all the way off flush with the crank and you can grab it with some visegrips i would get a torch and turn that crank cherry red and back it out but the down side is you might have to replace the crank seal cuz will BBQ it. dont feal bad about the bolt thats why i dont like...
  15. black_ice

briggs electric start

here it is nothing speical has since been painted black and add a sissy bar but this is the best pic i have of it so far
  16. black_ice

briggs electric start

not shure on the compression but valve springs are simi stiff lil not shure on what type of springs are on the engine because i hade the head work done by someone else and they reinstalled the head for me. if your runnging a 3.5 on a built 5hp then i should be able to use a 6.5 or a 7 since...
  17. black_ice

briggs electric start

flywheel yea i dont want to go with a 9hp flywheel its to heavy a animal will fit but is way way to lite for a built 8.5. it nothing speical bored .20 over:thumbsup:, shaved head .15:thumbsup:, custom cam:thumbsup: shaft from local crank and cam shaft company, ported and polished head and...
  18. black_ice

briggs electric start

thinks if i could find a 6.5 or 7 or 7.5 it will work i just have to invest in a mini tach so i can keep an eye on the rpm's or if i could find a 9 it will work but will be a heavier flywheel and will take a lil more power to turn up:sadcrying4:
  19. black_ice

briggs electric start

i have a 8.5 briggs ohv model 120212-0523-b8 with a recoil starter and it is built and i mean BUILT and is hard to pull start with such high copmression i was wondering what flywheels would interchange (ie 7hp 9hp and so on) that are electric start ready my block has the mounting tabs for a...