Search results

1. B

hot exhaust

I like the way the black clone looks. So this is a bolt on installation? Is there anything tricky about installing it? Does the black clone change anything about the way the engine runs? I had been looking at the NR Racing stuff, but wasn't sure which would work with my frame and engine. The...
  2. B

hot exhaust

The bike is a Doodlebug and the exhaust is the stock one for the Harbor Freight Honda 6.5 clone. It looked to me like I had the engine centered, and the chain and sprocket line up fine, but I will double-check that. I guess part of the problem would also be my anatomy, as fat legs could be a...
  3. B

hot exhaust

Thank you for the suggestions. The exhaust on the 6.5 is the original one. There is no pipe. Just a rectangular box with vents on the side, and the hole in the back. Would it be o.k. to cover the side vents with wrap? I would not be adverse to a different style muffler if I could find...
  4. B

hot exhaust

You would think a person wouldn't need to be burned too many times to learn where NOT to put their leg, but with my attention span....... I am going to try the stove seal. Sounds like a great idea to me. Quick, easy, and inexpensive. Thank you
  5. B

hot exhaust

I have a DB30 with the 6.5 Honda clone. I am wondering what others do about the placement of the hot exhaust. No problem when I am riding, but when I put my legs down to stop, I usually bump it and get a burn. Has anyone fabricated a guard similar to the one on the original engine? Or is there a...
  6. B

New to mini-bikes and this forum

6.5 hp kit Hi Kyle, Chris Thompson (cjtmini on this list)sells the kit. Between my weight and the hills around here my bug was virtually useless before installation of the kit. If you buy the kit you won't be sorry. Brobie15
  7. B

New to mini-bikes and this forum

Hi all, I purchased a Baja DB-30 a few weeks ago and just finished using Chris' kit to do the engine conversion to the Honda clone 6.5. Everything went smoothly, and I am amazed at the way it hauls now. Great kit, Chris. Only problem is that hot exhaust. I know long-pants would help, but...
  8. B

I would like to purchase a kit as soon as possible. I am thinking that I want to buy it complete...

I would like to purchase a kit as soon as possible. I am thinking that I want to buy it complete with engine, but need to confirm the prices each way. I left you a phone message a little while ago,so hope to hear from you soon. Thanks
  9. B

Chris, Please let me know asap if you still are selling the kits and how to order them. I...

Chris, Please let me know asap if you still are selling the kits and how to order them. I bought a doodlebug that I am going to have to return to the store sometime today if I can't upgrade it with a kit. Sorry for the rush. Thank you. Brobie