Search results

1. Art91

Tote goat ?

Good afternoon everyone, I just saw this pop up on offer up, looks like some sort of tote goat to me but not totally sure. Guy is asking 200 for it, looks a bit rough for the price, any thoughts ?
  2. Art91

Clone not getting gas !

Well guys I bought a harbor freight clone, and of course with my luck it has a problem. So here it goes, I started the engine for the first time last night and it ran great, the second time it would not run for more than a minute and needed choke to start. Today I tried again same thing, so I...
  3. Art91

Rupp Scrambler Overhaul

I've been wanting to make a thread about my Scrambler overhaul for a while now but just never got around to it. I'm not going to call this a full restoration mostly, because of my budget, but I would like the get the bike as close to original as possible. If money was not an issue I would have...
  4. Art91

Scored a Tecumseh

Well I'm pretty happy, yesterday at a car show I scored what looks like either a Tecumseh HS40 or HS50 snowblower engine for $20. I took the carb off today, and gave it a good cleaning which got the engine running. It seemed as if the engine had an airleak. I put a brand new muffler on it and...
  5. Art91

My Truck

I'm so damn pissed, I don't post much, but I just need to let it out. Yesterday while on my way to college I got hit by a guy in a van doing who knows how fast. He hit the passenger side of my F-150, and flipped my truck on its side. I walked out without any injuries thank god, but my truck is...
  6. Art91

Rupp Front Forks ?

Hello everyone, I've just started my 71 Rupp Scrambler restoration project, but I'm a bit stuck. I need get the front shocks off, because there frozen up, but I can't for the life of me figure out how they come off. Can anyone enlighten me on this ?
  7. Art91

Kickstand Help ?

Alright guys, I have a rupp scrambler that sombody welded a bike kickstand to. What would be the best way to get it off without messing up the frame. Here 's a pic. I just can't understand why people do things like this. :confused:
  8. Art91

Rupp Torque Converter ?

Hey fellas, I just picked up a Rupp Scrambler last week which has been running good but, the torque converter seems to be engaging on an off while the bike is idling. Is it supposed to do this ?
  9. Art91

Briggs Help ?

Alright guys I'm in need of some advice. Just recently I bought an old Briggs 5hp engine, which won't run well. It will start, idle, and run for maybe 10 minutes, and then shuts off. It is extremely hard to restart too. It also will die whenever move the throttle more than half way. So far I've...
  10. Art91

Governer

All right guys, I just picked up an old briggs 5hp flathead. I took off all the existing linkage on it, which looked like it was for a tilller. Right now I have my new linkage setup going directly to the butterfly on the carb. My question is, do I have to hook the governor up to my new linkage ?
  11. Art91

Was it Rupp?

Here's a few pics of my bike I had a few years ago, it was fun when it was running, but that was a very rare occurrence. I still kick myself in the butt for selling it though. Anyways, I'm curious to what kind of bike it was. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of Rupp model, but who knows. What do...
  12. Art91

Manco ?

Hello fellas, its been a while since I last posted here. I never did find a vintage minibike in my area. Anyways, I'm thinking about bidding on this bike. eBay Motors: MINIBIKE (item 220323457809 end time Dec-10-08 06:27:15 PST) I'm pretty sure its a Manco Thunderbird, so correct me if I'm...
  13. Art91

Is any one familiar with these

Hey every one, Since I can never find any good condition vintage mini-bikes in my area I was thinking about building one of these as a kit. Does any know if there any good? http://www.minichoppersminibikes.com/index.html I like them because they still keep the vintage look. Thanks