Search results

1. M

Possibly fried 97cc clone

I've got an all stock, 97cc engine that I just got today on a minibike I bought. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with this engine but I can tell you that the spark plug is very oily and that it does not want to run. I got it up and running for all of about 10 seconds today and when I tried...
  2. M

Anybody buy an engine from OldMiniBikes?

I just bought myself a used dirt bug and the stock 97cc engine is fried and I have no interest in repairing it... Still though, for $50, I think I did alright... So now I'm in the market for a new engine, I like the looks of the Dupor 196cc racing engine at OldMiniBikes and at $109, I can...
  3. M

More carb questions...

Well I got my bike all put back together now, new gas tank on and the fuel pump installed. Went out for a quick test ride today and had some problems. Whenever I would rev past maybe half throttle the engine would start coughing and popping and almost sound like it died, all power and...
  4. M

Problem with chain interference on GX200 w/TAV

I've got a Baja Warrior with the GX200 clone and a Torque-a-verter and I'me having some trouble with the chain hitting the inside(non-moving) sheave of the driven pulley. I have moved the engine as far to the left as it will allow and the chain still hits... I was looking at the rear axle...
  5. M

My fire extinguisher gas tank project...

I'm almost done with my fire extinguisher gas tank. I sandblasted it as best I could, removed the valve, reamed it out with a tap and installed a crappy fill tube and hose barb. I'm waiting for the redkote tank liner to dry and then I will paint it and install it. ImageShack® - Online Photo...
  6. M

Questions on Mikuni VM22-133

So I finally broke down and bought what I really hope is a "real" mikuni, a VM22-133. Mikuni - CARB-22MM MIKUNI FLANGE MOUNT VM22-133 I was hoping that I would be able to reuse my old jets from my crappy clone mikuni but they are different and this new carb has me pretty confused as to...
  7. M

Anyone try a wireless bike speedo?

Has anyone tried one of the wireless bike speedometers? I thought I heard something about them not working on a Baja MB165/wr165 minibike due to interference or something like that. Anybody try one yet? I want to use one to reduce the number of wires and clutter on my minibike.
  8. M

1972 Rupp Roadster 2...

I found a 72 Roadster 2 for $300, its supposed to be in good, running condition, heres some pictures of it... Would that be worth $300? Are the rupp roadster 2 minibikes street legal in michigan?
  9. M

GX200 air filter and AGK adapter for sale

I've got a new in the box UNI dual stage filter and the adapter for a GX200 or clone carb. I ordered it from AGK, its this exact item... affordablegokarts: Air Filter Adaptor & UNI Filter It came out to $31.49 w/shipping, I bought it because I thought I was gonna use my old clone carb. But...
  10. M

Mikuni question

I've got a 22mm mikuni, right now I think i've got the 130 main and 17.5 pilot but I might have the 20 pilot. I can't remember now which one it is but i will check tonight. My problem is that to start it I have to crank the idle(air screw? the one that touches the carb slide) screw in...
  11. M

Problem with 1.3 ratio rockers

I tried installing the 1.3 ratio rockers today and they were way too short, when turning my motor over slowly after installing them they would pop off of the push rods. The stock rocker arms are working fine, I compared the overall length of the rocker arm and the 1.3 rockers are significantly...
  12. M

Oil Cooler question

Just had a random idea, could you use one of those mikuni pulse fuel pumps to push oil through an oil cooler or would the oil be too thick for the pump to do any good?
  13. M

6.5hp modified motor...

So I've given up on tuning this damn mikuni carb and I've decided to sell my whole engine set up and go for a Lifan 125cc off ebay. The engine is from a Baja Warrior, its got: -Billet rod -14cc head ported & milled .065 for a 12.4:1 compression ration(this is a clone head from NR Racing)...
  14. M

Mikuni 22mm... Major Headache

So I did a bunch of upgrades a while back and ever since I haven't been able to get my bike to run right. Mods so far... .265 mod cam billet rod 18# springs 14cc head, milled .065 and ported AGK single stage header 22mm mikuni Right now i've got a 130 main jet and a 20 pilot jet...
  15. M

Street Legal Baja Warrior build... The Scud

I've been working on this bike for a while now, it started out as an all stock Baja Warrior WR65 that I traded for. Been working on getting it street legal for a while now, I want it to be ready for this spring. For performance I have removed the gov, added a billet rod, 26# springs, .265...
  16. M

Bent rocker arm studs...

So I just put the 14cc milled head on my baja warrior wr65. When I pulled off the rocker arms and unscrewed the studs I noticed that both of the studs are bent. I assume that this isn't normal, just wondering what might have caused it. I'm gonna get some new ones here soon but I left them on...
  17. M

FS: 40 tooth sprockets for Baja Heat, Warrior and MB165

A while back there was a thread that offered 36 tooth sprockets for these minibikes, the seller only had three of them. Heres a link to that thread... http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-parts/19569-fs-baja-heat-warrior-etc-hop-up-sprocket.html I have found a source for the 40 tooth...
  18. M

Billet Flywheel and Lighting coil, any issues?

I've got a baja warrior wr65 with the 6.5 clone. I'm considering installing a billet flywheel, does anyone know if the lighting coil will still work with the billet flywheel?
  19. M

Flat top piston, how much of a difference?

Long story short, my friend and I both have the same type of minibike, baja warriors with gx200 clones. We both have billet rods, AGK single stage headers, 6* spark advance and 18# springs. I've got a .265 lift modified cam in mine and my friend has a flat top piston on his. I have the TAV30...
  20. M

WTB DB30 in MIchigan

I'd like to get a DB30, doesn't need to have an engine but I would like it to have all the other parts.