Search results

1. G

1959 McClean/Husky Big Wheel w/ 1966 B&S 6hp

Still for sale. Someone get this out of my garage; I'm moving soon! :deal:
  2. G

Also, remember that I'll consider offers, too. I know it's definitely a project.
  3. G

Sorry, I totally spaced on posting newer pics. This is the disassembled state that it is currently in. I'll have to get current pics of the engine later as it is at my storage unit, and it's just a little cold out.
  4. G

yeah, WA is a ways away. I don't even want to think about what shipping would cost - this thing isn't exactly light.
  5. G

Bump, still for sale.
  6. G

Well, I'm on vacation with the family for awhile still, thus the delayed responses here, but I'm not totally opposed to driving up and dropping it off for my asking price, depending on what the actual distance is. As much as anything, the goal is to get it out of my garage and into someone's who...
  7. G

Thanks man :smile: The Restore Kid: I'm trying to thin out projects so I'll pass for the moment, but I'll definitely let you know if that changes. Gonna be moving in a few months, thus the trying to get rid of as much as possible. If anyone is interested in an old motorcycle, got one of them...
  8. G

It depends on which border you're talking about, but it's about an hour from Michigan, and about the same from Illinois. Got pics? I'm really trying to thin out my collection, but I might be interested in a trade.
  9. G

bump, still for sale. Got more pics; I will post them over the weekend when I have more time.
  10. G

Jeep4me, there are some interesting similarities there. The steering, for example, is done the same way with a chain. Not entirely sure what that small one would be used for though. It did take me a really long time to figure out what mine was. Considering the availability of those pulleys, it...
  11. G

Been awhile since I've been active here as I sold the old Rupps I had and now have a few motorcycles, but I've held on to this one. Haven't really gotten anywhere on it, so time to see if anyone is interested. It is a 1959 McClean Big Wheel tractor, one of about 500 made in Indiana. The company...
  12. G

H50 carb tuning issues...

I have an old H50 (from the I.D., a 1971) and it has been doing well on my Rupp, until it got the all too common carb float leak and started dumping fuel out of the intake. I repaired the float a few times, but the solder repairs kept cracking in the 0 degree weather we had over the winter, I...
  13. G

Another Graphite Tec popped up

Well that's interesting...I have a graphite Tec as well. HSK50, and really low hours, too, from the looks of the inside. Still looking for a project to put it on haha.
  14. G

more power needed need help

So basically what I'm hearing is that it has a lot of top end power but not enough torque for you? I don't know what carb options the h70 had, but you might want to try adjusting it a bit. Note that a really short exhaust with almost no restriction will help top end power, but it will hurt low...
  15. G

NOS brake drums and brake assemblies

Any idea if these will fit 6" Rupp Turbines?
  16. G

WTB: Rupp rear drum brake

bump, still need a brake....
  17. G

I have a '71 Rupp Rascal with an H50 on it, and the scrub brake just isn't cutting it. Not only does it have a hard time stopping the bike from speed, it put so much force on the lower frame tube that it actually broke the tube. Considering it goes 40+, it needs a good brake. The bike has the...
  18. G

I have a '71 Rupp Rascal with an H50 on it, and the scrub brake just isn't cutting it. Not only does it have a hard time stopping the bike from speed, it put so much force on the lower frame tube that it actually broke the tube. Considering it goes 40+, it needs a good brake. The bike has the...
  19. G

New float?

I've actually had good luck repairing those. Drill a small hole on either side on one end to drain the gas out (one is to let air back in) and SLOWLY heat it up. The vapor pressure of the gas causes it to evaporate and push it out of the holes. If the original hole that caused the leak isn't...