Search results

1. F

How do you attach new brake pads

I had the factory brake (with new brake pucks) installed prior to going with hydraulic brakes. I took a new automotive brake pad and cut the correct shape puck out of it. I then drilled a countersunk hole in it for the rivet head. I just used a standard rivet gun with some 6-32 or 8-32 nuts...
  2. F

Retek Cheetah progress

Your Retek is coming together nice! I like the color. Will be neat to see two side by side. Jeff
  3. F

Finally some pictures...

The seat is Kenny's...perfect as always! Lettering is same as original, Kenny once again. The color is a close match...A good friend does all my paint work and I can try to get a paint code if you like. Guess I will put it out there...I traded the Retek another member. Jeff
  4. F

Finally some pictures...

These are a few pictures I finally learned how to post! Retek Cheetah, Trail Bronc, and lil' indian. Will attempt to post more later... Jeff
  5. retek cheetah

retek cheetah

6. retek cheetah

retek cheetah

7. Retek Cheetah

Retek Cheetah

8. Retek Cheetah

Retek Cheetah

9. F

Cheetah parts list models 200 and 250

Cheetah stickers Mine is done!!! Will post pics soon. I will buy stickers if you have some made. Jeff
  10. F

New Kid from WI

Welcome to OldMiniBikes There is a WEALTH of knowledge here...I just finished a retek cheetah restoration. I am looking for a gas tank...let me know if you need any help. Jeff
  11. F

Retek Cheetah gas tank

Hello, I am looking for a gas tank to finish up my cheetah. I was trying my best to keep the machine original... but I am willing to use what will work. I have room for a 10-1/4" long tank with a 2" wide tunnel. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks, Jeff
  12. F

Retek Cheetah 250 Rebuild

Fine job! I am also in the process of restoring a Retek Cheetah 250. I need a fuel tank to complete it. Yours looked 10x better than what I started with. Very little info and pics out there. I know they were made in your area...If you know of any others or if anyone has a restorable fuel...
  13. F

replacement brake options???

Brake alternatives I was NEVER satisfied with manual drum or disc brakes. The braking power is poor at best. I have a trail bronc with a gx 200 that I put a hand lever hydraulic brake caliper off a mini atv I found brand new off ebay. The brake rotor is on the jackshaft, I used 41 chain to...
  14. F

Real smart or real dumb.

Its true!!! Check it out...cfmperfcarbs.com. Local carb genius Dale Cubic(and I stress genius) offers them for specific application. Way above me I will stick with my 1050. Jeff
  15. F

Tecumseh h 70 fuel leak

cheetah pics I screwed up and did not take any prior to restoring...will get some posted asap. Thanks for everyones help! Jeff
  16. F

Tecumseh h 70 fuel leak

Hello everyone, I have been working on restoring my retek cheetah and its going pretty well. I stripped everything and it has all been powdercoated. I got the tecumseh H70 running on the bench, cleaned up and painted...beautiful. Spent hours searching for Goodyear Compass 21x11x8...found...
  17. F

New member from Northern Ohio

Yes Sir...Lorain about 25 miles East of Cleveland.
  18. F

Seat needed. How are you? Yea its sitting in my car as we speak! Will get it to you soon. That seat you did for my Trail Bronc looks fantastic. I got a ton of compliments at the Halloween Classic on the mini bike...Your work was the icing on the cake. I will see you soon, Jeff
  19. F

Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this resource for our common interest and hobby...MINIBIKES! My good friend(rpol89) told me about this site some time ago and I come here first for information. Will post pics of my four toys later...any info on latest project,retek cheetah with an...