Search results

1. M

China made disc brake calipers

Hi all, I'm looking to convert my Heald Super Tryke from mechanical drum brakes to hyd disc and I need calipers have posted on the parts wanted site but no replies. So I'm thinking of trying the cheap calipers on e bay that are made in China the problem being they all use banjo type fittings and...
  2. M

Heald Hyd brake calipers

Hi all, I'm looking for a set of hyd brake calipers as used on the Heald Super Trykes or Hauler if anyone has a set they'd sell I'm interested. GB in MN :scooter:
  3. M

Chinese Hyd brake calipers???

Hi all, has anyone tried the Chinese hyd calipers as listed on e bay? Are they any good I want to convert my Heald Super Tryke from mechanical drum brakes to Hyd disc and these seem to be in the area of what I want to pay. Chinese Go Kart Buggy ATV Scooter Front Brake Caliper GY6 200cc 250cc H...
  4. M

Heald Hauler front fork

Hi for the folks with a Heald Hauler, I thought I'd share this, with my Hauler the front fork springs are a bit light with any load when it went over a bump or uneven ground the forks would bottom out and the wheel/tire would rub on the fender. I call Ron at Kimball in Benton Harbor and he said...
  5. M

Heald Super Tryke Parts

Hi all, my Granddaughter, had an incident with my Super Tryke and I'm now in need of a replacement center / main frame(the frame part from the fork to the rear frame), if anyone has this part they want to sell please contact me at gbsb2002atyahoo,com (remove the at and add @) Thanks MNGB.
  6. M

Heald Hauler

As I posted last fall I restored a Heald Hauler, and I have to say I really like it I've been using it a lot this spring for yard and garden work it is the handiest vehicle to have around
  7. M

Winter 2011 Project

Hi All here's the 2011 winter project. This is a 1980 Heald Hauler a HH1211 is powered with a Briggs 11 hp has hyd brakes a forward reverse trans, electric system.
  8. M

Super Bronc out for Spring

Hi All, well a couple of days ago it finally warmed up enough to get the VT-7 out for the first ride of 2011 and since the resto last winter. It ran great and drives good, its going to be a fun summer:thumbsup:. Well maybe we just got another 4" of snow Friday night:shrug: :no:
  9. M

The VT-7 Super Bronc is finished

Hi all, the Super Bronc it about done, am waiting for a couple of mount brackets for the mirror and windshield.
  10. M

Heald Bronc fork boots

Hi all, I purchased a pair of Honda Z50 / CT70 fork boots, to try on my Heald Trail Bronc Or the VT-7 Super Bronc, got them off e bay paid $14.99 for them including shipping. Looks like they will work not quite as large as the originals but will work, they made of rubber so it will remain to see...
  11. M

Super Bronc VT-7 Restoration

Hi all, I started the restoration on the Super Bronc will post a few pictures, so far have most of the old paint stripped off and the rust removed, just have the engine and fuel tank to clean up and then its to start painting. GB in MN :scooter: :grind:
  12. M

Gemini Mini Bike

Hi all, locally a fellow has a Gemini for sale it has the 2 stroke engine, it is not running the head is off the engine and the ignition is all dissembled as is most of the electrical wiring (this is what I learned from the owner) he bought it that way and has given up on it. My question is are...
  13. M

Scat Cat Mini drive options

Hi, I was given a Scat Cat mini bike frame and am looking to get it running I got a set of 10" wheels and have a 5 hp Briggs the question I have is will a V belt work well as a drive system. The rear wheel has a large pulley welded to it so I've been thinking about a clutch with the V pulley and...
  14. M

Harbor Freight Clone

Hi All, about three weeks ago I ordered a HF 6.5 hp Greyhound engine, my intention was to install it in my Super Bronc but when it came don't you know the Tecumseh decided to run as it should. Anyway today I added oil and put gas in the tank of the Greyhound and on the second pull it was running...
  15. M

Heald Super Bronc

Hi All, well pretty much got the Super Bronc completed except for painting (that will be this winter) got the lights installed new light switch so they work good, still have to install the brake light switch. Finial got the idle problem taken care of took it out for a test drive this morning...
  16. M

Tecumseh H70 idle

Hi all, I have a Tecumseh H70/7hp engine in a Super Bronc, I went thur the carb, it runs good I drove the bike today and it has great power but I can not get it to idle I've tarried adjusting the idle jet with no luck. It starts good idles for 30 40 seconds then just runs slower and slower and...
  17. M

Drove/rode the Super Bronc today

Hi All well I got the Super Bronc back together and too0k it out for a test spin and it runs good drives fine, boy the 7 HP Tecumseh has power was mildly surprised at the power it develops. Will be wiring up the lights when the light switch arrives, will be getting the front wheel brake working...
  18. M

Comet Clutches??

Hi All, I see on e bay that there are comet clutches (primary & driven) and a cover made in China buy it now $42.00 with $75.00 shipping> I know the shipping is out of line but the clutches are low so the price equals out, the question I have are these Chinese units any good or not anyone know...
  19. M

It runs finally

Well I got the H70 Tecumseh running finally I really think these engine like to mess with you for about 3 days before they decide to run decent. Went thur the carb, replaced the points & condenser and changed the coil and installed a helicoil in the spark plug hole. Now its to wash it down...
  20. M

Tecumseh recitifer bridge

Hi all, I have a Tecumseh H70 with lighting coil/electric start, while checking it out I see there is only one diode in the bridge / looks like they pop in like a glass tube fuse/ anyway one is going no doubt lost in North Dakota somewhere anyone know of a source for the diode? Thanks GB in MN