Winter 2011 Project

MNGB

Hi All here's the 2011 winter project.

This is a 1980 Heald Hauler a HH1211 is powered with a Briggs 11 hp has hyd brakes a forward reverse trans, electric system.

hoppy

freeking awesome! i need something like that around the farm! awesome find and the work so far looks awesome!!! keep the updates coming!!!:drinkup:

Just need to check them for rusty frames... He brought them back from the islands.... I talked to him. He repairs golf carts and such. Doesnt seem to flexible on the price though.

waltsuz

Winter Project for 2011, Winter is just coming in and it looks about done. I guess we only have a month of 2011 winter left anyway:thumbsup: Very nice project and it looks great.

MNGB

Hi all, got a few things done today and it looks like I did a lot after many days of working on things it comes together.

MNGB

Last edited:
I must say, Iam loving this project so far. What a cool machine! Weird that they aren't around anymore. I am wondering if one of the new Predator 420cc motors with electric start would fit in there. That would be a hoot, and a cheap powerplant, they are only $259 at HF through Dec 31.
I would love to find one of these in some farmer's barn.

NMGB thanks for info , got my frame , hubs , forks and rims in primer today still have a long way to go. Also getting ready to build 4x4 mini buggy out of my arctic cat 500 4x4, going to try to make a tube frame.

No problem,
I should also say the Heald hauler is coming along nicely, Looks like a lot of work went into so far. I,m looking forward to seeing it completed. :thumbsup:

MNGB

I must say, Iam loving this project so far. What a cool machine! Weird that they aren't around anymore. I am wondering if one of the new Predator 420cc motors with electric start would fit in there. That would be a hoot, and a cheap powerplant, they are only $259 at HF through Dec 31.
I would love to find one of these in some farmer's barn.
Yes the Predator engine would work just fine, only thing is as I understand it they do not have an alternator / charging system to keep the battery charged.
Got the Briggs installed throttle choke and mag switch all connected added gas to the tank and tried it. Got it going had to do quite a bit of adjusting on the carb but it now purrs. Both the DC alternator and the AC lighting alternator work so that's good:smile:. Found that the driver clutch engages at idle so I'll have to order new roller springs and the large center spring on Monday.
Thanks minibikedude yea it takes lots of time but its not work when you really enjoy it right?

zeeman

Hey MNGB, that's a really nice job on a very cool machine. Have you looked at Honda CT 90 fork boots? They are longer than the Z50's and you can buy them at DrATV/Beatrice Cycle. At least that's where I buy a lot of my old Honda stuff.

MNGB

Hey MNGB, that's a really nice job on a very cool machine. Have you looked at Honda CT 90 fork boots? They are longer than the Z50's and you can buy them at DrATV/Beatrice Cycle. At least that's where I buy a lot of my old Honda stuff.
Hi zeeman, are the CT 90 boots about the same diameter the extra length would be a plus. Most recommendation have been for the trail 70 / Z50 boots.
Thanks for the kind words.
Ok I just checked out the CT 90 boots and I'm thinking they maybe a good fit from what I found there dimensions are length 6.25" diameter 1.625"

Last edited: