Search results

1. B

N.Z. made Tru Test

These go usually from $500.00 up to $1000.00 over here depending on how many people just have to have it. The green finished one in the pics here i paid $100.00 for from memory as a roller, it was a pig and needed repair work to the frame around the steering neck where they tend to break. One...
  2. B

N.Z. made Tru Test

They used to be reasonably common here. I bought my first one (pictured) sometime in the early 70,s. A little guy used to work with my Grandad and rode it to work, road legal. I got a Tecumseh kick start for it, $15.00 brand new and thought I had a real motorbike now, haha. I had a paper run...
  3. B

centrifugal clutch on jackshaft

Yep, will do. And thanks for your input, sometimes stuff just gets by you that is so obvious from another persons eye. My first pic being glaringly so now, haha.
  4. B

I am going to cut some off the end of the crankshaft for clearance. It is the taper of the seat side that fouls the clutch more than the actual crank. It needs to go over at least an inch and it is already offset. The gearing will be a bit of trial and error i'm picking ? Thanks for your...
  5. B

N.Z. made Tru Test

I had tracked down my original Tru Test from when I was a kid still in town. It ended up with a friend who was slowly starting to rebuild it. I had asked if it were to come up for sale I would be keen to buy it. A little while back he pulled up my drive and gave it to me, how cool is that ?
  6. B

That is what I was initially going to do but the mount I have for the engine is not over far enough to fit the clutch to the engine without shifting the seat over to an uncomfortable position.
  7. B

Ah ! that's the bit I never thought out. Might be back to moving the seat over or do I drive the jackshaft from engine sprocket side with another sprocket and put the clutch on the wheel side of the jackshaft thereby driving the clutch as it would drive on a crankshaft ? Thanks jeep2003
  8. B

i am putting a GX200 clone on a race kart frame. There is not a lot of room around the clutch to seat area. Can i put the clutch down on the jackshaft, assuming running same tooth count sprockets from engine to clutch ?? Thanks for any suggestions.
  9. B

The "What were they thinking!!?" Seat Thread

Will keep my ear to the ground on them. And thanks for the part # for my Tecumseh kickstart spring also, have bought one now, waiting for it to arrive.
  10. B

Tru Test also used a nylon type wheel which shows up on a few of the minibikes. We have tried to find the original source for these alloy wheels but no one including ex Tru Test employees seem to know of their origin. They are kind of a heavier duty Manco rim. Are you looking for them ? There is...
  11. B

This had a couple coats of ugly when I got it.
  12. B

Tecumseh kick starter return spring

Thanks very much for that Markus. I paid NZ $30.00 for it so was worth the gamble of a stuck spring vs broken. I will keep an eye out for the part. Thanks again. Gary
  13. B

Tecumseh kick starter return spring

Hi guys, I recently bought a Tecumseh kick starter really cheap with a broken return spring. Does anyone know if the standard pull start spring is the same ? Thanks. Gary
  14. B

N.Z. made Tru Test

I need to live forever to get it all done.
  15. B

N.Z. made Tru Test

A few years later and we are riding finally.
  16. B

lil indian "bullbutter-part Deux"

Very nice build, clean and simple. Well done.
  17. B

street trials and mother nature

Damn, that guy is good !
  18. B

NOS 'Peerless' Kart Differentials

:shrug: the USPS costs have gone up a bit over the years, can't do much about it. What do the 3 sprockets come in at ? I'm still keen. Thanks.
  19. B

NOS 'Peerless' Kart Differentials

Can i add a 72t #35 sprocket to my 141b axle and 2 60t #35 sprockets ? Thanks. Gary.