Search results

1. R

Cabela's Mini Bike - Doodlebug w/6.5?

Anybody get a chance to set eyes :eek: on one of these? I went by my local Cabela's on Sunday (2 days after black Friday) and there were none left. Asked the sales guys and he said they were all sold out. Said they were only a Black Friday special sale item only and they wouldn't be...
  2. R

Cabelas Black Friday Doodle

D'OH! :doah: Guess I should browse threads outside the 'Doodlebug' sub-forum. Cheers!
  3. R

Cabelas Black Friday Doodle

Check out Cabelas' Black Friday flyer. Looks like they got themselves a custom old-style Doodlebug mini-bike. Comes with a 6.5hp engine, rear drum brake and dual cargo racks. And camo fenders! Cabelas Black Friday Flyer 2012 Page 3 Pretty cool. Cheers!
  4. R

Reminder: 6.5 swaps - Cover your clutches! They can cut like a knife.

Hey Gang, I learned an important lesson... the hard way... after an injury that could have been prevented on my DB6.5. USE A CLUTCH COVER... not just a chain deflector. With our 6.5 swaps, we usually reverse mount the clutch for alignment... so the spinning edge of the clutch basket is...
  5. R

Really people

Wow! 2hrs to go and 19 bids up to $610. :out: Like how it states Ba ha alright! This got me laughing too!
  6. R

Doodle Bug 1/8 mile drag race at Milan.

Very fun! I miss living in PA where I could easily attend the Shelby Dodge and Turbo Dodge meetups like at Cecil County drags or the Chryslers at Carlisle. Your car was an inspiration for my GLHT many years ago. I'm still a turbo Dodge fan and an original owner of my '04 SRT-4. :drinkup:
  7. R

Motovox Doodle

Cool new mini. :thumbsup: I was at Costco (Spokane, WA) about 2 weeks ago with the wife and kids and stumbled across this MBX-11. They had 1 on display and two others boxed. I stood staring at it for a while sizing it up to my DBs. My son said "ours is faster, right?" Haha... I said...
  8. R

Green Baja Racer

Wow... old thread back from the dead! I'll bite... here's my Green Baja Racer updates. GB1 has good running stock engine with a ProMod jackshaft (13T/15T) and a ProMod hydraulic brake. This is the kids mini... my 12yo nephew loves to cruise around on it. Hauls his skinny butt really well...
  9. R

kick start instead of recoil

That's what I'm talking about!:punk::thumbsup: Very nice looking. And the video above of the foot-on-the-rope "kick" starter... made me laugh!
  10. R

kick start instead of recoil

Not that I've ever seen. I don't know how you would even make or attach one to the normal horizontal output shaft type of motors used on these minibikes. I've only ever seen kick starters on motorcycle type engines with the built in gearboxes. But I bet you could find a smaller moto style...
  11. R

Any way to get more offline power, less speed?

Thanks for the tip Cudaman! My #2 DB has the PM JS on it but I've always been a tad annoyed at the early engaging clutch... tugging at idle. Sounds like the fix I need!
  12. R

Got a HF6.5 today(4/9/11) for $79.99

Sorry but no. The jackshaft is currently on my 2nd DB... still with the stock 2.8. That's the kids mini. My mini had the newly installed 6.5 on it. I may actually consider getting another jackshaft for it as well.
  13. R

Baja warrior chain tension

It's not uncommon for chains to have "tighter" and "looser" spots in them. I know it's true for the chains on my minis... as well as my motorcyles. (of course brand new or uber-top-quality chains probably should not) Spin the back wheel and wiggle the chain slack up/down. Go all the way...
  14. R

I rode my 6.5DB a bunch last evening... giving the boys a ride and all around the yard. Boy was my new MaxT clutch smoking! I'm guessing I was just "burning it in"... new paint on it... plus a few drops too many of oil on the bushing. It worked great. Cruising around the bumpy yard slowly...
  15. R

Yeah... rub it in! :laugh: I'm 200#... so the stock little 2.8's would move me around the flat part of the yard okay... but couldn't get me up a hill without a good running start. Even then I'd have to hope off before the top and walk it up. I give my young boys rides a lot too... so...
  16. R

:eek::scooter: I got my first ride of my 6.5 DB tonight. Holey Wow! Now that is a BIG boy toy!! The old 2.8 couldn't even get me up a hill. Now the 6.5 will get me air at the top if I'm not careful! Love it! Install was pretty straight forward. I read everyone's tips here and only...
  17. R

Hi Guys, Been eyeballin' all the deals on the Harbor Freight 6.5 clone lately. I've been ready to upgrade my DB pretty much since I got it. I've got a 2nd DB for the kid's with stock 2.8 on it and a sweet Promod jackshaft on it. It's fun around the yard but I need more powa! Stopped by...
  18. R

Craigslist Doodlebug/Rivet/Dirtbug/Viper finds

THANK YOU!!!!!!!:bowdown::clap::clap: I have wanted a way to tweak CL searches! I tried the ebay search tweaks and they never worked. You rock! ------------------------------------------ DB's don't show up very often in the Spokane/CDA area. I got my pair of Greenies (Baja Racers??)...
  19. R

Breaking news in Hydro Brakes!!!

I will say... these Hydra-brakes ROCK! :punk: Just got them installed this afternoon and it is night and day. Brakes work awesome now! Great product ProMod! Thanks for offering it. :drinkup:
  20. R

Breaking news in Hydro Brakes!!!

OK... but do they come WITH PADS??? :biggrin: Just kidding. misterbung and erok are correct. I just got my ProMod Hydro brakes and sure enough... they DO COME WITH PADS! :laugh: ProMod's ambiguous statement "It comes ready to bolt on and pads are available for $6." had me...