Search results

1. Butts

What it this?

Tearing apart a briggs 5hp. This component is outside the flywheel on the crank. What is it? Is it necessary? Looks to have a broken ear for screw. Can I scrap it?
  2. Butts

Engine paint

Curious what type of paint everyone uses for their motors? I'm guessing the shrouds don't have to be high heat or do they? Looking to paint the motor orange to match the frame. However, there aren't many high heat colour options. What kind of primer should be used on aluminum block?
  3. Butts

Difference between clone and predator

My son and I are finally delving into our project mini bikes. I have a 7hp briggs for my 68 Rupp Roadster and a 3.5hp for my boys Scat Cat. Been looking into other options for engines. I'm in Canada so I guess Princess Auto is the equivalent of America's Harbour Freight. There is a 6.5hp and a...
  4. Butts

Rupp?

Just picked this up. I have a 7hp Briggs going in it. What is it and what brake was originally used?
  5. Butts

I'm Still Here

I haven't been on the forum for some time now. I became a member a year ago. I've been busy renovating and building a family. I hope to start on my mini this fall (finally). Skat Kitty with a modified H70. Stay tuned.......Project "$h!t Kitten". I will keep you guys posted. J.
  6. Butts

ID for Build-Off Please

I need help identifying this frame that I have had for 21 years now (I got it for christmas when I was 5). My father's intention was to get it running for me but he passed not long after and it has sat in the barn since. I know that the handlebars and the seat are not original. The original...
  7. Butts

Extreme H70 parts?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and had a few questions regarding my Tec H70. I got it out of a snowblower that the father in-law gave to me. He couldn't get it running and thought I would have a better time working on it. I took off the valve cover on the side of the motor and found that...