Search results

1. F

house arrest, oh no!!!!

Talked with a game warden,and The laws about shooting deer on your own property is that they may be taken with any firearm, off season or even at night if they are eating too much of the crop and you apply for and receive a permit. You may also take a deer on your own property in season without...
  2. F

How do you trace a noise in your engine?

I did get the clone mounted,and at 13 horsepower, it does an okay job mowing--the torque really holds up well in heavy cutting. I had a crazy idea that I might use an electric motor and belt to power the Onan into rotation and see if I can then trace the noise. It would be nice to know if the...
  3. F

New 6.5HP HF Clone for $75.98

Ok,so I bought one less than a month ago $99.00 with a 25% discount--$74.99 So if I bought it today at 75 bucks and took a 20% discount, then we are at 60.00. Add back the tax and 2 year replacement warranty, for 26.66, and it would be 86.66, depending on sales tax. Mine ,with warranty and...
  4. F

Thanks,Bill. I bought a Harbor Freight 13 HP single piston engine,and will mount it to keep my Onan from further damage. The engine is about 2" lower to the flywheel,so I will have to build up a new deck to mount it on. Actually,that makes it easier to mount when you consider base plate...
  5. F

So I went to the repair shop and spoke with the service manager. A complete valve job is very affordable,so long as I take off the tins and muffler so it is accessible and ready to work on. They also suggested that I again take off the heads and check for carbon,just in case... It is nice to...
  6. F

Thanks for your replies. I need to keep this mower or the back up going because when the rain finally stops there will be a lot of grass to mow. The sheet metal housings are somewhat difficult to deal with on this engine,and it may be possible that the flywheel is rubbing on the housing...
  7. F

COUPON: Harbor Freight 20% off (exp 2/27/11) and $99.99 6.5 clone (exp 4/17/11)

One day 25 percent off coupoun I was there yesterday,and the printed circulars have attached to them a bright pink 25% off coupon that is good for a single item on Easter Sunday only.. HF does not honor this coupon on some things like hydraulic jacks and tool boxes, but I do not have a...
  8. F

Bought another HF blue clone

Even cheaper on Easter There is a 25% single [one item] coupon attached to their circular that you can pick up in the store. So now that engine is $75.00 plus tax I have been thinking about the 13 horsepower engine. It is $259.00. At $25% off it would be around 195.00 plus tax. The predator...
  9. F

I have a p220 Onan used in the big 520 H Wheel Horse. The motor actually runs decent and pulls hard,but is making a noise that is pretty loud and disturbing. i have tried the "long screwdriver as a stethoscope" trick to no avail. I cannot even determine if the noise is like a hammering or from...
  10. F

Having a bad day/week/month/year

Hey,845 Let's just say that I have deeply personal knowledge of the mis-diag stuff and the expense and time involved with treatments. Contact your local cancer society.They may be able to help with travel costs[as long as the patient is in the car] and drug costs as well. The local society here...
  11. F

Oh Shit

So,is this an example of your best effort at good grammar and punctuation?
  12. F

1978 Honda 250R Elsinore

hondapowersportsoftroy Hondapowersportsoftroy dot com is a site that will get you the correct part number through the honda parts network. It is actually cheaper to order stuff online and then pick it up in the store. there should be other honda dealers that sell online as well. There are...
  13. F

Are you guys into Chrysler Snow Runners?

I have one that has essentially zero hours. I got it from an airline pilot [brand new] who bought a bunch of them --probably a freight depot deal at the airport. This was back in the eighties. These machines do not run well in heavy [wet]snow,and my 240 Lb brother broke the jackshaft sprocket...
  14. F

Confused on how the components work

I am trying to find out how some of the components work together to make an operating bike. What I generally see in the catalogs and on this site are just pictures of the stuff after it is installed. What really gets confusing is when there are combined parts. For example,I just saw a project...
  15. F

Busted: Breakin' the law....

That varies by state,but a local guy is running a golf cart with one. He consulted the sheriff because he wanted to license and they told him he could not license his golf cart. The sheriff said '"no",but said you could run the SMV emblem as long as he kept it under 28 MPH. SMV emblems are...
  16. F

Busted: Breakin' the law....

Farmer's friend I know a few guys who throw a mini on the combine header so they can come home to get the wagons in which to load the grain from the combine. One farmer even built a holder on the front of his truck for the mini... I don't have a mini yet,but I often haul a small motorcycle...
  17. F

rusted shut handel bar help

+1 Kroil is just outstanding. You have to order it from Kano Labs. It is not sold in stores because the chemicals are smelly. Heat the old stuff out of there and replace it with Kroil. Hit the screw sharply on the end to shock the threads. Put a little more Kroil on there.Kroil has never...
  18. F

farm boy from Ohio

Hi. I am an old guy with an interest in minibikes. 2 years ago,I was so:censure: mad about gas prices that I was about to build a mini and put a 'farm' sprayer on back so I could ride it to work. A decent little Honda mc fell into my lap, and the goal of saving money was achieved. When I...