Search results

1. B

Go Kart for Mini bike? Phoenix AZ

Have a decent go kart here with a briggs 6.5hp Intek OHV engine. Friction brakes, good tires, steering and seat. Only thing it needs is a new throttle cable and connected to engine. Also slight gas leak to carb, just needs plumbers tape. Anyhow, here is a short video of it. If you are in...
  2. B

Dies when choke is off

Briggs 6.5 OHV Engine Ok so here is the deal. Runs, but not great when the choke is on. As soon as i take the choke off, it dies. BUT if I hold the throttle full with choke off, it runs awesome, but will die as soon as I let off the throttle. So....I was told by someone here that the...
  3. B

How to adjust carb on Intek Briggs

Question....My 6.5hp Briggs intek is having some issues. I cant take the choke off all the way with out the engine dying. I sprayed out carb, fresh gas, new and gapp correctly plug and it still dies.....Dies on idle mind you. If I have the throttle all the way down, choke off, it SCREAMS, but...
  4. B

How do I remove the clutch?

Hola! Question.....I am working on a old briggs 6S....swapping it out for a new motor....My question is, how do I remove the flywheel from the shaft? (newbie) I know on the back of the shaft, there is a alen screw....but judging from the front of this picture, it seems there might be a...
  5. B

Wanted Briggs Engine

Local to Phoenix AZ, looking for a used briggs and stratton engine, horizontal setup. Need a new engine for my sons go kart. Send me a pm or respond to this thread. Thanks!
  6. B

Mounting Pattern

I have a old 6S briggs I would like to swap out of my sons go kart to a engine with more hp. Someone told me the mounting patterns on the engines are all the same and I could drop a new briggs right in. Is that true?
  7. B

Briggs Vintage 6S Question

Hola! New to the boards, just want to say what a great resource so far! Sooooo here is my question.... I recently acquired a go cart w/ a Briggs vintage 6S engine. It starts, sometimes after a full pulls and it rev's good. But when under load, the pickup is minimal, and almost seems...