1. higeye

dw1973: No, I already sold it Dave.

dw1973: No, I already sold it Dave.
  2. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Dick DeBuse is DEFINITELY the MAN!!! HOW TRUE........HOW TRUE!!! :thumbsup:
  3. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Re: Thanks for the compliments! Yes, it's a 1970. I originally ordered it with RPO LS-7 454/465hp, N14 Side Mounted Exhaust, in Tuxedo Black. They called me 2 weeks later and said the LS-7, N14 exhaust, and Tuxedo Black were deleted, but I could get a RPO LS/6 454/460hp and order the car with...
  4. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

I thought you would enjoy this video my wife took today of the old Clinton! :thumbsup: 1947 Clinton Model 701-ASTL Motor Running - YouTube
  5. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Dick, You have to see this video my wife took today of the old clinton motor: 1947 Clinton Model 701-ASTL Motor Running - YouTube :thumbsup:
  6. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Dick, I just had to tell you this! I was out in the shop today and decided to fill the old Clinton with fresh oil, some ZDDP additive, cut out a new intake gasket from some cork, bolt an old carb I had that fit, hooked a temp gas line to it and WALAAH-It fired up on the second kick!!!!! Runs...
  7. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

The good thing is that when you do retire you will have plenty to keep you busy! I did a little math and figured that I would have to live to 125 to complete 1/2 of my projects-I know that isn't going to happen so I just prioritize my projects now as to what gives me the most satisfaction...
  8. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Keep Looking! I retired 2 years ago and started trying to clean out my garage (1100sq.ft.). I'm a borderline hoarder! After 2 years I did manage to get 1/2 of it cleaned up and complete several 50+ year "on hold" projects (my 1960 Schwinn 8-speed Varsity, my Cheeftah mini, my son's Manco...
  9. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Many Thanks!! You were right-Dick is the man! I found out my old scooter was a Regal Model 200 and my old Clinton was & is the original motor I took out of it 50+ years ago! Thanks so much for turning me on to him and finally solving this for me, Ken. :thumbsup:
  10. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Many Thanks!! Thanks again to Harleys Papa! You were right-Dick is the man! I found out my old scooter was a Regal Model 200 and my old Clinton was & is the original motor I took out of it 50+ years ago! Thanks so much for turning me on to him and finally solving this for me, Ken. :thumbsup:
  11. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Dick, You Are The Man!!! Dick, You made my day! You were the one that gave me the correct information to determine what scooter I had and what my motor came from. After looking at your info I finally found out that my scooter was a Model 200 Regal scooter! For over 50 years I thought it was...
  12. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

Still finding original parts for it in garage! WOW! I remember playing around with my grandmother's old 2 cylinder Maytag motor wondering how I could use it on something-If only it would have had a horizontal shaft! I still have the 2 connecting rods & pistons from it (tiny!) in my tool...
  13. higeye

Old Cheeftah 1300 SAYS HELLO

Hey hemigremmy, I think arrowslinger08 has his eyes on your wheels!!! :no: Hope I made the air cleaner setup understandable! :blink:
  14. higeye

Good luck!!! Good luck with that! I don't think hemigremmy's going to part with those wheels!! That's 1 of the neatest things about his Cheeftah -It's all there! Frame untouched, original wheels (in great shape), original hand grips, original rear brake/sprocket, original foot peg rubbers...
  15. higeye

You can advance your timing 2 ways: (1) The stock flywheel key can be filed to advance timing. Every 0.006" you file off is equal to 1* advance. Example: remove 0.048" for an 8* advanced timing key. (2) You can purchase Advanced timing key. Replace your stock timing key with this key...
  16. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

I sent Dick DeBuse an e-mail and an e-mail to the US Scooters built before 1970 site also. Waiting for a response....Maybe one of them can fill me in a little. Thanks for the leads.....I'll let you know what I find out, Ken. :shrug:
  17. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

I knew it was out there-I just haven't even really looked at it for about 50 years until an old friend saw it and asked me about it! I told him that I had taken out of a 1947 Scooter back in 1960 or so and put an old B&S model N on the scooter for a few years-It ran so much better with the model...
  18. higeye

Old Clinton Engine???

I was cleaning my garage again and stumbled across an old Clinton engine Model#701-AST I removed from an old scooter I had back in the 1960's. I remember that the scooter was a 1947 turtle-back that I thought was a Cushman. After talking to some Cushman collectors I know I found out that...
  19. higeye

Comment by 'higeye' in media 'Assembled Burnt Murray'

WOW! That Murray is really different (in a cool way) looking! That looks like an interesting project too!!!
  20. higeye

James, You have come a long way in a short time and have taken the time to do things right the first time! This is all going to pay off in enjoyment a million times over! Whatever you do, don't rush things at this point, you are too close now! Besides, a lot of the enjoyment comes from working...