Old Clinton Engine???

Re: Thanks for the compliments!

What year is your LS6 Corvette? 1970? Wow! What a car! Those 454 LS6's are monsters!

Sweet Clinton Engine too! I would have that in my living room on display! Its great to see it run so nicely. I would love to have an engine like that. They are pretty scarce it seems.
Yes, it's a 1970. I originally ordered it with RPO LS-7 454/465hp, N14 Side Mounted Exhaust, in Tuxedo Black. They called me 2 weeks later and said the LS-7, N14 exhaust, and Tuxedo Black were deleted, but I could get a RPO LS/6 454/460hp and order the car with SPC paint code (primer with 1st line fenders) for $128.00 more and have the N14 Side Mounted Exhaust dealer installed! I then had a friend at GM contact Earnie Callard at the Tonawanda (big block plant in NY) and get me a set of the LS-7 Aluminum heads. I went across the street from the Corvette plant to Gene Jantzen Chevrolet and ordered the N14 exhaust, a L88/ZL-1/ZR-2 Cowl Induction Hood & Air Cleaner setup. After kids I stored it until 2 years ago when I retired. After sitting for 35 years I decided to go through the motor and brakes and finally install the LS-7 heads. Now, 42 years later, I finally have the LS-7 that I ordered! As for the old Clinton....I want to find it a new home....maybe someone with an old Regal200 like I had when I was a kid! :thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1VA5Ky35HY&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygN7algoZ68&feature=g-upl

Last edited:
WOW! I remember playing around with my grandmother's old 2 cylinder Maytag motor wondering how I could use it on something-If only it would have had a horizontal shaft! I still have the 2 connecting rods & pistons from it (tiny!) in my tool chest!

The Clinton is still in great shape! Turns over great, changed oil (old oil was clean), great spark, & good compression! I found the muffler & oil bath air cleaner for it yesterday-I'm still looking for the carburetor & original cast iron clutch though. It's out in my garage somewhere! :doah:
The twin cylinder Maytags are about 300 bucks.. :eek:hmy: They make pretty good washing machine engines.. :laugh: