Search results

1. J

Mud Bug trike

I think I blew up the 5 horse Briggs? The go enter shaft fell into the enging case ,made a noise then stopped running! I've reinstalled a predator 6.5 and reinstalled the torque converter and it runs good. Now in the process of sanding t down for paint. Then off to the next project, I picked up...
  2. J

Gumpit, I picked up a tri rod like in your photos. I think t555? Was wandering if...

Gumpit, I picked up a tri rod like in your photos. I think t555? Was wandering if the forks behind the springs are supposed to have the bend in them? Also if you still have it could you maybe send me a couple pictures of how the brake cables are connected to the frame? This one...
  3. J

Torque converters???

We'll the new jackshaft and sprocket arrived today but the series 30 that I ordered was actually 3 week back ordered? I had to cancel that order and find another to order! Now I have to wait until next week!
  4. J

Torque converters???

The larger one has a centrifical clutch not a comet style clutch! It had a v belt to a driven pulley that was bolted together so it did not open up as it should! So the short of it it was only 1gear. I have ordered a slew of new parts for it, series 30 torque converter, jackshaft,gear for...
  5. J

Torque converters???

Is there any advantage to a 30 series over a 20? Part and belt availability? I would be running a 7" driven pulley with a clutch behind it. In other words while sitting in the seat the driven pulley behind me then clutch on the motor.
  6. J

Torque converters???

Thanks gumpit! What will the pictures help with one has a torque converter and the other is a centrifical clutch that uses a belt? Just curious and want to learn!
  7. J

Torque converters???

What series of torque converter would be best on a 5hp trike? I have a centrifical belt clutch now and it's not cutting it and I don't want to break the bank! I have 2 trikes ,one Vito a 3.5 with torque converter and the other with 5 and centrifical and the smaller one smokes the larger one?
  8. J

Mud Bug trike

Update on the brakes. I finally have them working! I ordered 7mm outer housing and 2.5mm inner cable for motorcycle repairs and used band brake cable clamps from OldMiniBikes as the barrels in the levers. They still don't lock the rear wheels like I think it should but I can ride it now. Thanks everyone...
  9. J

Bleitz tri rod

It doesn't look like it's been redone? The paint looks original except for a bit on the forks? It's not really important because it needs nothing but some bushings for the front forks?
  10. J

Bleitz tri rod

There is also a sticker on the rear that has BGW model MTR 330?
  11. J

Bleitz tri rod

I thought the same thing about the axle. The glass tub is shaped differently than the pics you posted?
  12. J

Bleitz tri rod

13. image2275

image2275

14. J

Bleitz tri rod

[/attach] Does anyone have any info on this trike? Forks have Bleitz on them and on the side is tri rod. I cannot find any info on this one?
  15. J

Mud Bug trike

Just east of Pittsburgh by 15 miles.
  16. J

Mud Bug trike

So, new bands new ,premium levers, new cables and still no brakes! The drum just spins within the band? My Robron cart has 1 drum and band and it stops fine? Could the rough surface of the drum be affecting this? Should I smooth it out? I'm out of ideas! The drum has a hub that is bolted to the...
  17. J

Robron cart

I've had this cart for a couple years and just put it back together, it is an older Robron and has a 3hp. briggs. Runs pretty good. Does anyone have an idea on what year or model it may be?
  18. J

Foot throttle for a mud bug

Pack mule what is in windber? And thank you for the pics gumpit.i have a twist on it now still not sure if I should go back to foot throttle?
  19. J

Foot throttle for a mud bug

Can anyone post some pics of the foot throttle setup on a mtd mud bug? Mine was converted to a twist throttle and I'm thinking of fabricating the original? I still have the right side plate with the cable holder bolted on but no pedal or idea hot to connect the cable.
  20. J

Mud Bug trike

. The first pic is how the brake cable pulls the bracket that pivots and intern pulls on the cable I have attached to the band. I figured this would stop on a dime after cleaning up the drums and installing new bands?