Search results

1. S

How do you remove valve srpings?

yeah alcohol of some sort really helps...also, i had to get a second person to hold the springs down while i reinstalled the retaining clips.
  2. S

How do you remove valve srpings?

check out this video: YouTube - ‪6.5 hp Honda Clone replacing spring, setting valve lash‬‏ i used this a few weeks ago to upgrade mine, and it was very helpful. be really careful not to drop the small retainer pieces down your crankcase. i almost did...bout crapped my pants.
  3. S

sparks flying out of the clutch??

i've been emailing the owner of max-torque. here's what he had to say: "Your engine idles around 1,200 to 1,400 rpm but the clutch comes in at 2,300/2,400. So you have to throttle up quite a lot before the clutch engages. We have to sell them for the worst engine out there because we just...
  4. S

thank you all! my chain doesnt seem too tight and it's perfectly aligned. ill double check the engine and make sure its squared-up. i have a band brake on the clutch and it could be rubbing slightly...i hate that thing. wish i went with a brake drum. man! id hate to buy a new damn clutch. can i...
  5. S

Ok. So, last week I threw a chain...was never sure why...probably bc the masterlink got caught on something. But, anyways....I finally got everything all nice and pretty -- new chain, no masterlink, new hardware (while I had the wheel off). Took it out today for the first time since it broke...
  6. S

68-69 Rupp Parts Wanted

i just sold an old beat up gas tank off my 69 digger to THE RESTORE KID....look him up and pm him. he might be able to fix it for you and sell it.
  7. S

5hp Robin/Subaru Engine Mods

actually....it won't even let me edit it out.
  8. S

no problem. i edited my posts. and just so you know....it's not that i was ignoring your link -- for some reason i only get about half of the email notifications for thread replies...i would have read the link earlier if i knew about it. thanks man! i know, this subaru engine is a pain in...
  9. S

Chain Breaker Help!

thanks man! picked up a punch kit today. thanks for the tips!
  10. S

Chain Breaker Help!

I've searched high and low to find a decent chain breaker for my size 40 chain. I bought one from Northern Tool and it was an absolute piece of :censure:!! I exchanged it twice. The problem was that the pin-pusher kept bending -- even with very little pressure on the chain pin. My chain broke...
  11. S

hot dog isnt welded...its clamped. i welded a piece of metal around the threads so it could easily be removed if need be. the zip tie trick prevents the governor arm from retracting and slowing your engine down. i found several threads on here that explain it in detail. also, just...
  12. S

I though I would post photos and share what I did to modify my 69 Rupp. I know how much i relied on photos when i was building this thing (hell, I still am). -New fuel line and B&S performance filter. -Fancy Breather (auto zone) -Air Filter (OldMiniBikes Warehouse) -Air Filter Adapter (OldMiniBikes Warehouse)...
  13. S

North Carolina Riders?

your neighbors suck! im really lucky that mine havent called the cops yet. ive been really careful of when i ride...usually when most of the hood is at work. i took the bike to a local high school today to ride (completely empty bc of summer vaca) and a sheriffs patrol decided to pop in for an...
  14. S

General Traction Tire 5.30/4.50 - 6

I replaced the tires on my Rupp, so I dont have any use for this thing. It's in pretty decent shape. Tiny cracks from age, but this thing can be fully inflated without any problems. The tread is still very good. **THE INNER TUBE IS NOT INCLUDED** I'll take $10. Buyer pays shipping (will most...
  15. S

North Carolina Riders?

hey tomanator - where are you located?
  16. S

North Carolina Riders?

Hey! Just got my 69 Rupp up and running and I'm tired of riding in my neighborhood haha Anyone in the Charlotte, NC area have or know of a place to ride?? Anywhere within 25 miles of Charlotte would be fantastic! Also, it would be fun to get some of us NC riders together. I've got some...
  17. S

Finally finished my '69 Rupp Digger! But....

thanks guys! flipped the brake and it's working much better. hent - i had NO idea thats what they're called! i'll have to grab one and a new cable probably...i've noticed some minor crimping. thanks!
  18. S

by the way... here are the craigslist 'before' photos. also, one more shot of an OldMiniBikes decal I threw on.
  19. S

Hello fellow OMBers, With the help of this awesome website, and its equally awesome users, I was able to finish fixin' up my 1969 Rupp Digger that I bought for $40. I took it for a 15min test drive to today around my neighborhood and didn't have any problems! With a frame that's more than 40...
  20. S

General Traction Tire 5.30/4.50-6

I am replacing the tires on my Rupp, so I dont have any use for this thing. It's in pretty decent shape. Tiny cracks from age, but this thing can be fully inflated without any problems. The tread is still very good. **THE INNER TUBE IS NOT INCLUDED** I'll take $20 + shipping (will most...